Jump to content
  • 1
MissArdbeg

Quicker ways to add reminders

Idea

I am using the reminders function extensively. Almost every note I create via iPhone and Mac Desktop application has a reminder attached to it. Creating new notes with a reminder works seemlessly on iOS. However, I would love to have a quicker way (shortcuts) to add reminders in the Mac desktop app. This applies to the following use cases:

* Have a keyboard shortcut to automatically create new note with a reminder (smilarly to the "regular" Add Note shortcut.

* Have a keyboard shortcut to add a reminder to an existing note

* Have the possibility to add reminders in order to be add reminders via Alexa/IFTTT (I assume that this is currently not possible via API)

Share this post


Link to post

6 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, MissArdbeg said:

Have a keyboard shortcut to add a reminder to an existing note

This would be great for Windows as well.  In the meantime you can create reminder add/change/delete shortcuts using a text expander like PhraseExpress or Auto Hot Key.  This is what I did  to streamline the reminder management process.  FWIW.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
11 minutes ago, CalS said:

This would be great for Windows as well

In the superior Windows snippet view, if you have a context where reminders exist and the reminders list is open (like my Todo notebook), you can create a new reminder note by typing into the empty slot at the top of the reminders list and pressing Enter. 

:)

But a New Reminder Note operation should probably be added; i.e. a new File / New Reminder Note item, and New Reminder toolbar button at a minimum, plus a keyboard shortcut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
9 minutes ago, jefito said:

In the superior Windows snippet view, if you have a context where reminders exist and the reminders list is open (like my Todo notebook), you can create a new reminder note by typing into the empty slot at the top of the reminders list and pressing Enter. 

:)

But a New Reminder Note operation should probably be added; i.e. a new File / New Reminder Note item, and New Reminder toolbar button at a minimum, plus a keyboard shortcut.

It's all about the manipulation of the reminder dates, independent of the merits of the view.

download.png.5f757de07c3fc983fa1d6652dac8e857.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-12-20 at 5:25 AM, MissArdbeg said:

* Have a keyboard shortcut to automatically create new note with a reminder (smilarly to the "regular" Add Note shortcut.

* Have a keyboard shortcut to add a reminder to an existing note

 

On 2017-12-20 at 8:43 AM, jefito said:

@DTLow2 will probably chime in with an AppleScript solution for Mac users...

Chime  ?

On my Mac, I'm using keyboard shortcuts to scripts for adding reminder dates to notes.  I can't replicate the same UI; just typing yyyy/mm/dd into a box

The command is simple
     set theDate to (text returned of (display dialog "Reminder Date" ))
     tell application "Evernote" to  set reminder time of theNote to date theDate

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...