HotKey / Faster intitle: search

geocoo

Idea

I request a keyboard shortcut to search intitle.

Currently I must type: 'intitle:' before most of my searches to get to Notes i specifically titled so I could find them lol.

EG:

I make a note called: work, & tagged: work.
I search: work
Other notes containing 'work' in their body appear before the one titled & tagged with 'work'. - I would prefer tagged/titled first if that makes sense?

For now this dirty ahk does the trick to search titles (just made it, sorry if not working well for you) but it's not perfect and surely other people search titles?:

!^e::
send, #+f
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinWaitActive, - Evernote, , 2
sendinput, intitle:
return

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, geocoo said:

I request a keyboard shortcut to search intitle.

Sounds like a Win/Mac platform request59259ff64da8c_ScreenShot2017-05-24at7_57_24AM.png.6e1e4e7df3cf62f578234c26cd23b04a.png
A checkbox would be more useful

Have you looked at using scripting to simplify the insertion of the "intitle:" phrase

• Level 5*

I also used AHK for a solution, though instead of a hotkey, I used a simple phrase expansion:

:*:;in::intitle:

So when I type ";in" AHK expands that to "intitle:".

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, tavor said:

I also used AHK for a solution, though instead of a hotkey, I used a simple phrase expansion:

:*:;in::intitle:

So when I type ";in" AHK expands that to "intitle:".

I use PhraseExpress and my hot key is Ctrl-Alt-I.  This wraps Intitle:" and " around whatever text is in the search bar.  FWIW.

OK thanks guys for the other cool workarounds.

I guess that is a platform request sorry it had not occurred to me.

My AHK hotkey is OK for now; one compound keypress and ready to search titles.

Thanks a lot for your input!
:)

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, geocoo said:

Other notes containing 'work' in their body appear before the one titled & tagged with 'work'. - I would prefer tagged/titled first if that makes sense?

On this issue: There's search, and then there's ordering of search results. These are different things; search filters your note list into a (generally) smaller result set, and ordering sorts that list according to some set of criteria.. Evernote doesn't really have anything in the way of fine-grained search result ordering (e.g. multi-key sorting), and even more so, there's no way to specify result ordering in a search; it's all  specified globally (or, in Windows at least, in a tag, notebook, or  saved search style): you can't specify it in the search string.

Short form: there's no way to sort by "tagged/titled first" in Evernote as it exists today. All you can do are search by some search term, and get results in order of whatever view sort order is current, or filter to only tagged/titled results, which you can do using something like "any: intitle:blah tag:blah" 

Archived