Cannot log-in to the desktop app

Hi folks!
I am new to Evernote, but since everyone kept saying how incredibly amazing it was I decided I should give it a try.
I can log in just fine with my Gmail account to the iOS app as well as to the web app from my desktop browser (Chrome on Mac OS Sierra).
However, when I try to log in to the desktop app, I keep receiving this message. 
Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 9.26.46 PM.png

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Fiammaviva said:

However, when I try to log in to the desktop app, I keep receiving this message. 

I've never seen this error (Invalid response from the Evernote registration service)
- I don't use the google sign-in

I don't spend much time debugging my devices.  My solution process would be

1. Reboot my Mac - it often solves the problem
  2. Delete and reinstall the app
  3. Delete the app & database, reinstall the app, and let the database be rebuild from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes
    The app AppCleaner is recommended for deleting Evernote entirely from your Mac
27 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I've never seen this error (Invalid response from the Evernote registration service)
- I don't use the google sign-in

I don't spend much time debugging my devices.  My solution process would be

1. Reboot my Mac - it often solves the problem
  2. Delete and reinstall the app
  3. Delete the app & database, reinstall the app, and let the database be rebuild from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes
    The app AppCleaner is recommended for deleting Evernote entirely from your Mac

I tried everything you recommended, but unfortunately unsuccessfully... What I really cannot get my mind around is why the web app works and the real app does not, both from the same Mac...Is there any workaround? Thanks!

32 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Does any of this help?  How to sign in to Evernote with Google

Unfortunately I have already read the topic, I guess it is just a general overview and it does not really get into details to address problems like mine...

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Fiammaviva said:

Unfortunately I have already read the topic,

Just wanted to be sure we had seen the same hymn sheet.  ;)

You might want to check this setting to make sure Evernote is on the same page too - if it is,  then another system restart and/ or app uninstall/ resinstall is about all I got.

ScreenClip.jpg.b452d4c0c3f319c17f7a4f22fbf5d22c.jpg

Ooh.  But if you're a new user and trying out the free account,  I wonder if this is a bug in the account limit.  Do you have more than two devices (excluding the web) currently connected?  You mention iOS and the desktop - is there a phone and a laptop?  See here for more information... Devices FAQ

Either way,  your next step is Support I think - DM Twitter and @EvernoteHelps!

Hi, I have the same problem.

my google account use 2 factors authentification.

I signed up yesterday

I can't login in evernote for mac.

I get 

"An invalid response was received from the Evernote registration service."

"Please try again in a little while."

Can you help me ?

I am having the same problem. I just installed the Mac app, and I haven't installed Evernote app on any other device. The web interface works fine, but I can't sign in to the app using a Google account. If I try to open the Profile page on the web interface, I am asked for a password. If I enter the Google password, I am told that it is wrong, and I have changed my password five days ago. (That's when I signed up.) I have been using Google sign in since the beginning, so I don't know what this other password is supposed to be.

I'm having the same problem here, seems isolated to just the OSX app. I've try using AppCleaner to remote Evernote, rebooting the computer, and also try it on several other computers, no luck. The error messages I receive are "The Evernote service is not available.  Please try again later." and "You do not appear to be connected to the Internet.". I'm able to log into evernote using Chrome and on a windows desktop. Does anyone have any suggestions?

OSX 10.12.3
Evernote 6.10 also tried the 6.11 beta but had the same issue
last time I was able to log in was 3/22

• BSR locked this topic

Archived