My important note has been deleted. - but not by me !! Hacked ?

Hello,

I've lost a very important note. I hadn't put a pw on it to protect it however. In it I had my bank balance with dollar signs of many diff bank accounts and loads of details about insurance and stuff. 

I had user name inserted but no pw, only a long sentence explaining a hint to pw so obscure no one could find out what they were. 

I can't find that note for the life of me. 

I checked in trash, check on the web base Evernote, check in note history. NOTHING. It was my only note where I actually had money written down. One possibility for its disappearance is that I sold 2 of my computers. and signed off from Evernote on both. I'm sure everything was synched though and I hadn't checked that note in a month or 2. So How would I find out where my note is or where did it go?? Maybe my search engine doesn't work properly. 

I'm a premium user. I really would like to find that note. If someone can help ?

12 minutes ago, Koandco said:

Hello,

I've lost a very important note. I hadn't put a pw on it to protect it however. In it I had my bank balance with dollar signs of many diff bank accounts and loads of details about insurance and stuff. 

I had user name inserted but no pw, only a long sentence explaining a hint to pw so obscure no one could find out what they were. 

I can't find that note for the life of me. 

I checked in trash, check on the web base Evernote, check in note history. NOTHING. It was my only note where I actually had money written down. One possibility for its disappearance is that I sold 2 of my computers. and signed off from Evernote on both. I'm sure everything was synched though and I hadn't checked that note in a month or 2. So How would I find out where my note is or where did it go?? Maybe my search engine doesn't work properly. 

I'm a premium user. I really would like to find that note. If someone can help ?

I'm in Evernote now and have arranged my notes by Alphabetical order. One author I pinned: Ian Banks appears in my list but when I search for him, I can't see it. Maybe the search engine doesn't search everywhere ? It's the first time that I have trouble finding my notes. ANd I'm Premium so...

• Level 5*
Just now, Koandco said:

I'm in Evernote now and have arranged my notes by Alphabetical order. One author I pinned: Ian Banks appears in my list but when I search for him, I can't see it. Maybe the search engine doesn't search everywhere ? It's the first time that I have trouble finding my notes. ANd I'm Premium so...

Are you performing a global search? If on Windows app, hit F6, then search. If on another version of EN, clear any search filters that have already been applied so that you are searching all notes, not some subset of notes.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Koandco said:

when I search for him, I can't see it

Can you provide the search strings you're using?  We might be able to comment on the syntax

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Koandco said:

The search string ? I just use Ian Banks and this link I had tagged doesn't show up.

Are you searching for note title, content or tag?

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Koandco said:

The search string ? I just use Ian Banks and this link I had tagged doesn't show up.

Do you actually have "Ian Banks" text in a note?  Links dont count

Are there tags you can search for?

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Koandco said:

Do you actually have text in note that says     Ian Banks

Links don't count

and I have him in the text. 

My other super important note with money amounts, I search in content and it's gone. It's deleted. I searched it dozens of time before but it has disappeared. :(

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Koandco said:

No, I have him in a title. Ian Banks.

I search in title. 

So the search string is    intitle:"Ian Banks"
You might try just searching for Ian

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Koandco said:

The only one that had $$ so there's a possibility of hacking.

Just an FYI; special characters are excluded from searches - you can't search for $$

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Koandco said:

My search engine has stopped working. That's my only explanation. 

How about switching platforms

Try the Web plaform at www.evernote.com

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Koandco said:

It doesn't work on the web either. Could Evernote think I'm not a premium member any longer ?

It's not a premium feature (searching intitle:xxx)

Again, I'll suggest you post the exact search phrase you're using

My exact search phrase for my note was Desjardins. It usually brings me to my note. As a test, I searched Ian Banks and don't find the 3 or 4 I always found earlier. It's very odd. 

What I should add is that note came from an earlier work account. I migrated everything to a new account. So some of these notes are in Import piles. 

would that be the reason?

• Level 5*

Imported notes are defaulted into offline (unsynced) notebooks unless you opt otherwise.  Searches on the web client may not work for that reason.  As you're a paying subscriber I'd suggest you contact support directly at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Thank you for your reply. 

It doesn't appear to be the reason. I've moved all my old notes to my new account in my first notebook. It really is a search problem. I can see the file, but I have to handpick it, it won't show up in my search. I've rebuilt that note to the best of my knowledge and that one is searchable. pfiou. So I will probably just let it be. But it's annoying. The same thing happened with my Vokswagen login page and a few other important ones. Annoying. 

• Level 5*

...And you're searching for intitle:"volkswagen login" or tag:"volkswagen login" but getting no result?  There is a way to rebuild your search index which may help,  but I'd suggest you talk to Support first - they can look at stuff we can't see on this mostly user-supported forum.

searching only with volkswagen in content and in title. Rebuilding the search index sounds like a very good idea. I will talk with support. 

Can you point me to their link? or number? Thank you so much. 

Archived