How to open a ".one" file on a Mac with Evernote?

Unfortunately, I am unable to open a local ".one" file on my Mac? I have tried downloading the "import evernote to onenote" yet what I am trying to do is import .one file onto evernote. Yet everytime I try and do this, Evernote does not allow me to import any files.

Best,

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're using an 'import Evernote to onenote' app to import a onenote file into Evernote???

There is an Import option in Evernote for OneNote files.  This needed serious updating after OneNote changed their app rather a lot.  It may or may not currently work.  There's no way that I know of to 'open' a OneNote file with Evernote.  If Import doesn't work you'd need to look at OneNote's export options to see if there's a format like HTML which you can import via a browser,  or there's always copy and paste from one open app to the other...

More detail please about what you're wanting to do?

• Level 5*
On 2017-03-06 at 8:46 AM, Marlborough2017 said:

Unfortunately, I am unable to open a local ".one" file on my Mac? I have tried downloading the "import evernote to onenote" yet what I am trying to do is import .one file onto evernote. Yet everytime I try and do this, Evernote does not allow me to import any files.

Evernote allows you to attach files to a note.  They can be any type, PDF, doc, xls... or .one

However, you need the native application to open the files.  
I'm guessing .one is a format used by One Note

Evernote opens .enex files, but no  other formats 

• 4 years later...
  • Level 5*
On 10/15/2021 at 7:22 PM, m r z said:

Hi! I find no way to import OneNote 2016 notebooks to Evernote. Is there any way? Thanks!

Hi. OneNote and Evernote have completely different formats - I'd doubt it would be possible to seamlessly transfer the content across.  If you'll be using Evernote in future,  why not leave your files in OneNote as reference files,  and copy/ paste individual query history into Evernote as you need to.  A general internet search may get you some independently coded converters,  but beware that they can only be approximations of your original data... 

• Level 5

Export from OneNote (does not work with all ON versions !):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/export-and-import-onenote-notebooks-a4b60da5-8f33-464e-b1ba-b95ce540f309

Import into EN:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314308

However, as @gazumped told the structure of OneNote is different to EN. To find the best approach you should probably start with a small volume of data, see what works best, and only then start to move larger volumes.

• Like 1