Just SYNC A (ONE) stack of notes, NOT ALL stack of notes

Rean der Thaler

Idea

Installed Evernote om my clean home directory with my new employer and this flooded it with 1,9Gb of data

I use Evernote since 2009 and am a Premium-user on and off, so there are a lot of notes and attachments in my stack of notes.

I find it very hard to swallow that I can tell on my mobile devices to sync specific stacks but not on my desktop client. Please add a possibility to add a new stack on my local Evernote that I can sync to the cloud and to my homedevices, where the other notes live, without syncing all the private and historical notes back on my freshly installed Evernote

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Rean der Thaler said:

I find it very hard to swallow that I can tell on my mobile devices to sync specific stacks but not on my desktop client

The latest Windows version implemented a "Demand Sync" feature, and an EN employee gave an indication that "Selective Sync" was in the works.

My database is approx 10GB but I'm so far I have no issues maintaining the database on my Mac.  Having a full copy eliminates concerns a partial download would impose

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

The latest Windows version implemented a "Demand Sync" feature, and an EN employee gave an indication that "Selective Sync" was in the works.

I would make a dance out of joy for that!

Besides not being able to apply simple formatting to a text , I find the lack of this feature annoying enough to move away from Evernote (again).

When I want to look into my private stack, or archive, I'll look on my phone or on the web client. I just want my Job stack on this computer and have that synced (and searchable) with the main evernote-install, nothing more

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, Rean der Thaler said:

When I want to look into my private stack, or archive, I'll look on my phone or on the web client. I just want my Job stack on this computer and have that synced (and searchable) with the main evernote-install, nothing more

Demand Sync kind of accomplishes this by accident.  If you never access the non Job Stack notes on the computer in question they will not be downloaded.  If any of them appear in searches they may be downloaded at that time.  FWIW.  

To get there you would need to set the flag for demand sync in options and then rebuild your data base from the servers.  Remember to backup/export any local notebooks before you do that so you can import them after the rebuild is done..

• Level 5*
On 3/1/2017 at 6:43 AM, Rean der Thaler said:

I find it very hard to swallow that I can tell on my mobile devices to sync specific stacks but not on my desktop client. Please add a possibility to add a new stack on my local Evernote that I can sync to the cloud and to my homedevices, where the other notes live, without syncing all the private and historical notes back on my freshly installed Evernote

This has been suggested before, usually under the subject "selective sync". By the sound of it, it's probably going to happen, based on work done to implement "demand sync".

Archived