suggested note title

Demetri

Idea

I remember when I first found the real value of suggested note title.... I had an event on my device calendar and I took notes directly in Evernote during the event.  I noticed it gave my note a relevant title given the connection to my calendar.  It was contextual not just to Evernote, but my events in my calendar.  At moment the light bulb went on and I realized the genius of this feature.  It saved me the time of creating a note title.  It furthered my connection to Evernote.

Why take it away?  Did it really take up that much overhead in app performance?

Please consider bringing it back.

• Like 9

28 replies to this idea

9 hours ago, Demetri said:

I remember when I first found the real value of suggested note title.... I had an event on my device calendar and I took notes directly in Evernote during the event.  I noticed it gave my note a relevant title given the connection to my calendar.  It was contextual not just to Evernote, but my events in my calendar.  At moment the light bulb went on and I realized the genius of this feature.  It saved me the time of creating a note title.  It furthered my connection to Evernote.

Why take it away?  Did it really take up that much overhead in app performance?

Please consider bringing it back.

Demetri, I absolutely agree. This was a great feature that saved time and provided quicker access to old notes. I would like to see it's return.

• Like 5

I also use(d) this feature on a daily basis.  In my case, I prefer to take handwritten notes at a meeting, then take a snapshot at the end of the meeting, which gave the note the same name as the meeting as listed in my calendar.  This was ideal and saved a lot of time.   

• Like 1

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring this back, it was a key to my work flow with Cloze and other apps. Having the auto title from the calendar was a great feature. Please don't be like many other companies that bring streamlined overhauls (which looks good and I love it) and sacrifice great functional features like this. I recommend Evernote a lot, and I would like to keep doing that

• Like 2

I thought I would get used to this, but I'm not. When I go into a meeting, it saves me a ton of time to have the note title suggested. I can just start taking my notes. Even if it's an option, this is one that should come back.

• Like 2

This was one of the best features of using Evernote on my iPad. Now I need to try to fill this in while starting the discussion. Very distracting and troublesome. I'm frustrated that I recently renewed my subscription. I will be looking for a replacement to Evernote - unless this feature is restored.

• Like 1

I have stopped using Evernote to create new notes ever since this feature was dropped.  I read with some amusement to a previous response from the Evernote Support Team that they dropped this feature because they have a small development team and that they are streamlining features on iOS, etc.

If a feature was present, and widely being used (and presumably the titles auto populated if you were on iOS or Android), and the intention was to offer customers more control over titling, you allow customers to enable / disable using a toggle.  Seems like a cowboy-ish approach to software development to eliminate features in this fashion.

I also thought I would get used to this change but it takes me much longer to prepare a note for meeting minutes.  I use an iPad daily with Evernote.  I can't easily grab the title of a calendar appointment and paste it into the Note title.  Two requests from me, a long time user and multi year premium user. 

1) Bring this feature back or provide an option to use it or a hack that  does basically the same thing. 

2) One good thing that came of this change is that I learned to use templates. Please provide a way to use a default template for a new note.  So, when you start a new note it will already have a basic format.   This would be great for meetings. Here is my template. 

Attendees
A

Agenda Items
  • A

Meeting Notes
  • A

Action Items
A

Attachments

Yes.  I currently have the setting just as your diagram shows (after translating to English).  That is helpful but not as helpful as the feature that read your calendar and suggested a title based on your calendar.  

• Level 5

The menus stay the same, the language is only layered. Unfortunately for the forum there is no way to choose the language in the app, it takes it from the settings. 

Probably I have never noticed that there was a calendar reading function because I am not using EN that long yet.