Allow access to more fields in Evernote

gazumped

Idea

• Level 5*

If I right-click the title bar in (Windows) List View,  I get several field options including Subject and various address fields to which I don't have access via the app.  For one use case I wanted to be able to record the city in which a meeting was taking place,  so the Subject and/ or Address fields seemed like a given.  Except there's no way to add data to those fields (that I can see) in the desktop app.  Are these fields due to be tidied out of the note structure?  If not I'd like to be able to flag which city my post is about,  without having to add that word to the title line.  I need to be able to sort and search on that field,  and the title already gets sorted differently because.. reasons. 

I can (and might) use the Author field,  since that's accessible from the "i" drop-down,  but it's not exactly professional-looking... 

I could use the Atlas function if we still had it,  or the Location field if it accepted anything other than co-ordinates;  but we don't and it doesn't.  How about it guys - a new feature on geolocation soon?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, gazumped said:

If I right-click the title bar in (Windows) List View,  I get several field options including Subject and various address fields to which I don't have access via the app. 

I posted the request below for Subject Date. I'd appreciate your vote

On my Mac I don't even get to see Subject Date in list view
My method to update it is via scripting (AppleScript) on my Mac when I process notes in my inbox

• Level 5

I have been using Evernote tags to identify locations for many years. It is very helpful for trips down "memory lane" or other location-related issues.  For instance, two years ago, we moved to Maine. You can see all the Maine towns listed under Maine. I have had some sort of activity with each location (such as house hunting, vendor locations, receipts, vacations, future visits)

Locations.png

• Level 5
27 minutes ago, jefito said:

According to the governor, Portland is not a part of Maine... :) 

Living closer to "The County", I have to agree with the Governor.  Portland is northern Massachusetts. 

Archived