Updating Attachment file name

caffreyr

I have an attachment, a MSWord doc, which is updated from time to time.  I change the date in the header, and want to change the Word Document to also reflect the date, so when I look at it I know it's the most recent.  But, the attachment data and header is updated satisfactorily but the file name is not.  When I save it, it goes to some strange area with, I think, some sort of system-applied area.  Thank you for suggestions or am I asking the impossible?  

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, caffreyr said:

I have an attachment, a MSWord doc, which is updated from time to time.  I change the date in the header, and want to change the Word Document to also reflect the date, so when I look at it I know it's the most recent.  But, the attachment data and header is updated satisfactorily but the file name is not.  When I save it, it goes to some strange area with, I think, some sort of system-applied area.  Thank you for suggestions or am I asking the impossible?  

On my Mac, there is a Rename Attachment menu item.Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 8.11.57 PM.png

• Level 5*

There's also a Rename... in Windows which will do the job,  but I'd gather you'd prefer to automatically update the name to the full name (and date) of the changed file.  The only way AFAICS would be to Save As to your desktop and then delete the original file in the note and replace it with the new version.  It might be easier just to add a 'changed <date>' entry in the note - there are various text expanders that could do this with a couple of keypresses...

Archived