Evernote has only the ability to import only 3 levels and leaving out the rest

Example structlre like 

1st level expenses

2nd level --years -2015

3rd level ----Quarters-- Q1

4th level -- Months----- Jan

5th level ------purpose---------- Private

5th Level -----purpose---------- Business

there are many other ways that always go beyond the 3 levels limitiation or Evernote

please increase the folder import and sync to 5 or 7 levels to imported

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote doesn't (currently) 'do' depth.  Stacks hold notebooks and notebooks hold notes.  It is possible to build a 'virtual' folder structure in Tags,  which can be nested to any depth.  You have a limit of 100,000 tags in total per account,  which should keep you busy for a while.  Please search the forum for more on folders and tags and check out

Organize with tags

Tips for organizing notes, notebooks, and tags

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Bennie said:

most system setup have in average a folder depth of 5 to 7  folders

Evernote has only the ability to import only 3 levels and leaving out the rest

Example structlre like 

1st level expenses

2nd level --years -2015

3rd level ----Quarters-- Q1

4th level -- Months----- Jan

5th level ------purpose---------- Private

5th Level -----purpose---------- Business

there are many other ways that always go beyond the 3 levels limitiation or Evernote

please increase the folder import and sync to 5 or 7 levels to imported

Not sure I get the use case, unless you intend to leave the documents in the folders after importing them into EN.  And why do that, EN doesn't update the source document in the import folder.  Why have the document in two places and have them become different should you modify them?  Like I said, not sure I get the use case.

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Not sure I get the use case, unless you intend to leave the documents in the folders after importing them into EN.  And why do that, EN doesn't update the source document in the import folder.  Why have the document in two places and have them become different should you modify them?  Like I said, not sure I get the use case.

I'm guessing there's some business process/workflow that gets written in that structure on disk, and Bennie wants to import them all via Evernote import folders. But maybe that's not a correct interpretation...

• Level 5*

Yeah, I thought that as well.  I'm all about not changing plumbing that works, just seems like a bit of infrastructure for an import process.  Perhaps the OP will enlighten us.

Archived