Local Directory on All Devices?

Arpy

Hi

Just downloaded the latest update -- like the idea that now my notes are stored locally on my laptop.  (Now I should be able to work remotely, not connected to a network).

My question -- suppose I have several devices -- is content stored locally on all the devices? On the device that was in use when the note was created?  On just one of the devices?

Thanks,

Arpy

• Level 5*

The notes are stored locally with the desktop versions.  Notes are only stored locally on phones and tablets if you are plus or premium and opt for a notebook to be offline. 

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Just downloaded the latest update -- like the idea that now my notes are stored locally on my laptop.  (Now I should be able to work remotely, not connected to a network).

My question -- suppose I have several devices -- is content stored locally on all the devices? On the device that was in use when the note was created?  On just one of the devices?

The master version of your notes is stored on the Evernote servers
(exception - Local Notebooks)

By design, a full copy of notebooks are stored on the desktop platforms (Windows/Mac)

Optionally, a copy of selected notebooks can be stored on mobile devices
- otherwise the note content is deleted after syncing with the EN servers

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Arpy said:

So just to confirm -- If I have a desktop at work, and a laptop at home, a full copy of all notebooks are stored on both devices (work and home).  Yes?

Confirmed
- note the exception for Notebooks you have defined as local - they are stored on a single device

Archived