Weird issue with PDF's on IOS

Hello:

Just started using Evernote (about 4 months now) and it works great for the most part. However I have an issue with PDF's on my iPad. It seems as though it won't display form based PDF's correctly.

I just registered my new AC unit online after install to increase my warranty from 5 to 10 years. So I get this warranty certificate back from the manufacturer as a PDF showing the serial number of the unit. Great! I'll use Evernote to document it. So I email that into Evernote and on my MacBook Pro I can see the serial number info on it along with other info related to it on the PDF.

But if I look at the same PDF on my iPad it will show the PDF but none of the unique information (the serial number and description of the product) is shown, it's completely blank.

I did save the PDF out from the email as a separate PDF and then dragged it into Evernote directly to see if that would make a difference but it does not.

Any ideas?

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, nurd57 said:

Hello:

Just started using Evernote (about 4 months now) and it works great for the most part. However I have an issue with PDF's on my iPad. It seems as though it won't display form based PDF's correctly.

I just registered my new AC unit online after install to increase my warranty from 5 to 10 years. So I get this warranty certificate back from the manufacturer as a PDF showing the serial number of the unit. Great! I'll use Evernote to document it. So I email that into Evernote and on my MacBook Pro I can see the serial number info on it along with other info related to it on the PDF.

But if I look at the same PDF on my iPad it will show the PDF but none of the unique information (the serial number and description of the product) is shown, it's completely blank.

I did save the PDF out from the email as a separate PDF and then dragged it into Evernote directly to see if that would make a difference but it does not.

Any ideas?

Evernote has a built in viewer in IOS which might be having an issue.
Are you able to open the pdf in Acrobat on your iPad and see if its the same problem?

It works in Acrobat. It also displays fine on an old Android tablet I have lying around.

Good idea about saving it as a JPG, I'll give it a shot, but it's an extra step, when my other devices display it correctly, so maybe not a good work around for me. Hopefully it'll get corrected in a bug fix release some day. 

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, nurd57 said:

It works in Acrobat.

Thanks for verifying that - so, there is a bug in the IOS EN pdf viewer

My recomendation is to open a support ticket.
I know you have a resolution, but I would like to see these issues with the software addressed

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Thanks for verifying that - so, there is a bug in the IOS EN pdf viewer

My recomendation is to open a support ticket.
I know you have a resolution, but I would like to see these issues with the software addressed

How do I do that?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, nurd57 said:

How do I do that?

There's a link in my signature section         Contact Evernote Support
You fill in some boxes, and at the bottom there's a button to open a support ticket
I would include screenshots of the pdf showing the missing data

• Level 5*
On 2016年8月21日 at 10:57 PM, nurd57 said:

Hello:

Any ideas?

Hi. This has been a significant problem for me as well. I have been sending Evernote data for a while as part of support ticket #1774692. If you file a request for support, please paste that number in so that they can connect the data and figure this out. I've had trouble viewing PDFs and some data loss (one was erased entirely). As always, it's good to have backups.

On 8/22/2016 at 6:10 PM, GrumpyMonkey said:

Hi. This has been a significant problem for me as well. I have been sending Evernote data for a while as part of support ticket #1774692. If you file a request for support, please paste that number in so that they can connect the data and figure this out. I've had trouble viewing PDFs and some data loss (one was erased entirely). As always, it's good to have backups.

I haven't experienced data loss as I can always see it on my MacBook just fine, however it's annoying that it doesn't view properly on IOS.

I'll work on opening a support ticket and use your number as a reference. 

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, nurd57 said:

I haven't experienced data loss as I can always see it on my MacBook just fine, however it's annoying that it doesn't view properly on IOS.

I'll work on opening a support ticket and use your number as a reference. 

Hi. Let us know how it goes! Mine seems to actually be two problems: data loss and inaccessability. I'm glad to hear that we only overlap on the latter.

On 8/22/2016 at 6:10 PM, GrumpyMonkey said:

I referenced your ticket # when I submitted it

Archived