Automatic Tags

techcoach11

Idea

Hi,

I looked and didn't see this in any of the threads. I would really like to see the option of a tag being applied to a note when it is put into a specific notebook. For instance, when I finish something and send it to the "To be reviewed notebook", I would like for it to automatically receive the "Dave" tag because he reviews all the work. Or anytime someone adds a note to the grocery store notebook, it is automatically tagged with Kroger or something like that. This would save time and people might be more interested in using tags that find it a hassle to juggle both notebooks and tags.

Justin

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Sounds a bit redundant. Why not just use tags and not notebooks? I use both and I cannot conceive of a reason to have a tag applied every time a note goes in a notebook. So in your first example, just have a Dave Review tag and you're done.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, techcoach11 said:

I looked and didn't see this in any of the threads. I would really like to see the option of a tag being applied to a note when it is put into a specific notebook. For instance, when I finish something and send it to the "To be reviewed notebook", I would like for it to automatically receive the "Dave" tag because he reviews all the work. Or anytime someone adds a note to the grocery store notebook, it is automatically tagged with Kroger or something like that. This would save time and people might be more interested in using tags that find it a hassle to juggle both notebooks and tags.

Until Evernote implements this, my solution would be to write an AppleScript.  It could do the notebook move and the tag assignment at the same time.

Archived