how do I get evernote online chat?

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, fred2112 said:

I am a premium subscriber but I seem to be limited to forum and email for support. How do I get online chat help please?

thnx

When you follow the link for contacting support, you are presented with option buttons to submit a ticket or start a chat session

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5

I find the support page at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new counfoundingly difficult to use. I usually have to log in and out several times before it will show me the Submit Ticket or Chat button. All I can say is, log in, log out, log in, log out, until one time it works. It's profoundly stupid, has been broken for years I think (over 1 year anyway), and seems unlikely ever to be fixed, even though it seems like a simple cookie setting would let the support page know you're logged in.

Hmm. Which leads me to consider setting my browser to allow 3rd-party cookies from https://help.evernote.com. This may be the solution, though I can't test it for sure, since now the darn thing won't recognize that I've logged out and keeps showing me the Chat and Submit Ticket buttons anyway! At any rate, it might be worth trying to set your browser to give Evernote permission for 3rd-party cookies to see if that will break the ice.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, K Somes said:

I am also a premium member and cannot get online chat. I do not see the option for it under support.

My process is to access the support web page
Contact Evernote Support 59d6472319066_ScreenShot2017-10-05at07_50_43.png.4fdcfefe47db6ac3c355a64531624dd6.png
I fill in the boxes for my issue and I end up with this page

• Level 5
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

My process is to access the support web page
Contact Evernote Support 59d6472319066_ScreenShot2017-10-05at07_50_43.png.4fdcfefe47db6ac3c355a64531624dd6.png
I fill in the boxes for my issue and I end up with this page

@DTLow, if that works for you every single time, then either you are very lucky or a bunch of the rest of us (including me) are very unlucky. Are you saying this never fails for you? What browser do you use, in case that might make a difference?

As for my previous suggestion about setting the browser to accept 3rd-party cookies from Evernote ... probably irrelevant. I just tested it again, and it's the same old log in, log out, log in, log out, until it accidentally works.

Archived