Hello,

Please forgive me in advance if I've selected the wrong forum for this question. :-)

I'm experiencing something strange.  I started using Evernote a few weeks ago--mostly to have access to certain files and links quickly on my android phone. These files are divided into two folders (I only have two), and I added MOST of them to Evernote by dragging them there on my desktop computer.  But now, in the past week, when I go to the desktop, all I see is the most recent file (it's open) that I placed in there.  It doesn't seem to make any difference what I do, if I try to change folders, or search for another file, nothing shows up on the desktop but that open recent file.  When I look on my phone however, all the files are still there--I can access any of them on my phone just fine. Did I accidentally change some setting on my desktop?  I feel like I have poked around and tried looking at every button and menu I can find to no avail.  Any ideas?

• Level 5

If the notes and notebooks (in Evernote they're called that rather than files and folders) you created on your desktop computer are no longer there, it sounds like a sync problem, which could have a number of causes. Try looking at your notebooks in the Evernote Web page: https://www.evernote.com/Home.action. If you see everything there the way it should be, as it is on your phone, then they are properly synced and are on the Evernote servers and are not lost.

Wherever the notes are present, whether on the Web or on your phone, here's what I'd do, assuming there aren't too many of them. Go to each individual note and make some small change to it; then go to the next note and do the same. This will cause all the notes to be updated and synced to the Evernote servers so they will all be present and accounted for.

Evernote should then sync these most recent versions of the notes to the desktop program. After you've updated them on the Web or phone, do a sync in that program (press F9 or click the rotating arrows button). If they still don't show up there, you could try signing out of the desktop program (on the File menu) and signing back in. That will force a new sync. But the first thing to do is to do a little something with the notes wherever you have access to them to make sure that their existence is fully updated. Of course, if you've got 100 notes, that may not be practical, and hopefully someone else here will chime in.

Thank you.  I just realized that I've ONLY been using the web page version on my desktop.  And THAT's where the stuff isn't showing up.  I will try your idea about revising the notes using my phone and see what that does.  I will also install the Desktop APPLICATION, and let you know how that works out.

Thank you again.

Chuck

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, chuckmcc said:

... now, in the past week, when I go to the desktop, all I see is the most recent file (it's open) that I placed in there.  It doesn't seem to make any difference what I do, if I try to change folders, or search for another file, nothing shows up on the desktop but that open recent file.  When I look on my phone however, all the files are still there--I can access any of them on my phone just fine. Did I accidentally change some setting on my desktop?  I feel like I have poked around and tried looking at every button and menu I can find to no avail.  Any ideas?

Sometimes we see this when users accidently create a new account.  Its easy to do on the web platform.  Make sure you're using the same userid/password on all your devices

Archived