I use Cronofy Callendar Connector to sync my reminders to my calendar app
I find the calendar apps are much better at notification

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Nieltreb said:

reminders:

instead of sending me an email

I want the note to pop up at the right time,

together with an audible alarm.

EN Windows desktop does (did?) popup a window in the lower right corner, where the sync messages would show.  You have to be staring at your monitor at the appointed time to see them and then they would disappear after a few seconds so I never noticed them and can't say now whether the notification is still there or not.  They already have the code there to popup the message, they just need to make it persistent so that you will see it when you get back to your PC.  They can even make this user selectable for those that don't want it.

It really surprises me that EN hasn't implemented this.  I guess EN developers don't use reminders much for timed events, or prefer to get the notification on their phones.

• Level 5
On 7/8/2016 at 1:31 AM, DTLow said:

I use Cronofy Callendar Connector to sync my reminders to my calendar app
I find the calendar apps are much better at notification

Thanks for the tip. I just signed up with Cronofy. Looks like it should be a good tool, especially as changes made in the resulting Google Calendar item (e.g., title) transfer to Evernote. Seems secure enough for a low-end personal user with no end-of-the-world private data in either Evernote or Google Calendar. In any case, it's a 30-day trial from the Evernote end of it, and easy to quit before then if it doesn't work out.

Archived