I use Evernote intermittently. All my not,notebooks are defined as Local which I understand means they do not sync, just stay on my PC.

I just received the message that I have used 75% of my monthly allowance. I am happy for the message but I should not be uploading anything, correct?

Just ignore the message?

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, BlackCloud said:

I use Evernote intermittently. All my not,notebooks are defined as Local which I understand means they do not sync, just stay on my PC.

I just received the message that I have used 75% of my monthly allowance. I am happy for the message but I should not be uploading anything, correct?

Just ignore the message?

I would agree your sync load should be minimal.
I would not ignore the message;
I would be looking at my activity log to review the sync activity

• Level 5*

You have at least one notebook that is sync'd.  Evernote requires it.  Check that to see what is in that.  Maybe you are emailing into it.  How about webclips?  Or maybe import folders?

I just emailed Evernote. I checked my account and it says----

60 MB (100%) remaining this month
Your monthly limit resets in 26 days

Monthly uploads: 60 MB
Note size limit: 25 MB

I am not totally confused...................

If I go to Account info on the PC it says I have used up 60M and have 0 days left in cycle(which implies to me I should be starting a new c ycle tomorrow), not so according to my account info on the web.

No answer needed, just informational.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, BlackCloud said:

it says I have used up 60M and have 0 days left in cycle

If you think this is accurate then wait and see.  If not, you still might want to submit a support ticket, if you haven't already.

• 2 weeks later...

@BlackCloud The upload usage in your account settings on the web should be accurate. Did you recently try to upload a large file to your Evernote account on the Windows app? That may have produced an upload sync error if it exceeded the allowance. If not, try signing out of the app, reboot your computer then sign back in. If that doesn't help I'd suggest rebuilding your database so that Evernote will regenerate a new local database by copying your notes back down from the service. Keep in mind however, this involves exporting/importing local notebooks. Here are the steps to rebuild your database. Let me know if you have any questions.

I can't get back to Evernote for a month or so as we are traveling. I just seem to struggle with Evernote, mainly because the lack of messages and the conflicting info. I don't have sync on so I don't know what could be synced.

I like the concept of Evernote, just its implementation and messaging, for a paid product, is poor and I don't see any significant improvement over time.

I just did a quick look at my Evernote and discovered that my Sync had been turned on. I did not turn it on so I guess some update turned it on (which it shouldn't). I turned it off again. Still don't understand the conflict usage between PC and web. Oh well, when I get back I'll try again.

Archived