Evernote for iOS 7.14 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.14 earlier today.

This release focused on improving Search UI and fixing a slew of bugs and crashes.

Notable fixes and improvements:

• Search UI improvements
    • Suggested search changes to make it easier to understand that the results being shown while typing are suggestions and not full results
    • Search messaging to let users know that the search results may not be complete if offline or if network connection was dropped
  • Sync improvements
    • Reduced note sync conflicts when editing note body and note attributes sequentially on multiple devices
    • Fixed sync error for very large attachments
  • Photo fixes
    • Consecutive images added to the note at one time may not save to Camera Roll or may appear as mostly grey; they are now saved correctly
      • Saving to Camera Roll is controlled by Settings > General > Camera > Save Snapshots
    • Live Photos shared into Evernote resulted in blank notes; the static image is now saved
    • Images shared from Photos app to Evernote now appear correctly on the Mac and Web clients
  • Additional fixes:
    • Unable to sign into LinkedIn
    • Unable to save Biz Card scan if you try to send LinkedIn request
    • Quick notes from Today widget were incorrectly saved to last used notebook; they now go to your default notebook
    • Cannot close overflow menu in iPad split view
    • Removed non-functioning expand/contract arrows when creating new notes on iPad
    • Updated PDF viewer to address several top crashes
    • Crash when logging out
    • Crash for certain tags with emojis
    • Crash when viewing notes from Tags
    • Crash when creating a private business notebook

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

6 replies to this idea

Some bugs still exist, like:

1. In spotlight search, I search a note and tap the result, the app doesn't direct me to the related note. But if I update that note and search it again, it works. (it happens in iPhone 5s, and it still occurs even after hard factory reset with all my phone's contents erased.)
  2. By tapping 'Search' in Today's Widget, the search menu doesn't appear. (occurs in iPad Air)

How do I use the Evernote search function offline?

I've upgraded my account to Plus, upgraded to Evernote 7.14, and downloaded the notebooks I want to always access, but can't search the notes on my iPad mini when I'm offline. I get an error message that says I'm not connected to the internet. (The note I want is there, but I have to riffle through all the other notes to find it.)

I use a first-generation iPad mini running iOS 9.32.

Is the search function on iOS devices limited to on-line only? Why?

• Level 5*

There is an offline notebook option for the iPad, if you are a premium user.  With it you can download the actual note content by notebook to enable not connected access.  Otherwise, you can only see the note header information and maybe the content if it was a recently accessed note.

On 14 June 2016 at 4:51 AM, rmblade said:

I've upgraded my account to Plus, upgraded to Evernote 7.14, and downloaded the notebooks I want to always access, but can't search the notes on my iPad mini when I'm offline. I get an error message that says I'm not connected to the internet. (The note I want is there, but I have to riffle through all the other notes to find it.)

I have the same problem. Its only started since the last update. 

PS : I've always had Premium

Have sent off a support request. Will let you know if i find out how to fix it.

Brad

• Level 5
On June 13, 2016 at 11:51 AM, rmblade said:

Hi,

Searches performed while offline will only search local content. We added the "Check your internet connection" message in the last release to raise awareness that there may be additional results returned when connected to the internet.

If you have offline notebooks (Plus / Premium feature), those notes are searchable while your device is offline. If you're note seeing the expected results from these offline notebooks, please let us know.

Thanks,
Chuck

Archived