Request: Tag function upgrade

I always categories my note by tag and grouped tags under tags....(eg. People -> staff -> Tom)

But I'm facing a problem when I tagged (eg. Tom) a note, I always need to tag (eg. People, staff) the same note by separate step.

If I have a bunch of tags which is more layers, it's wasting my time.

So, please make an option that I can select how I'm going to tag : tag the whole bunch or a single tag.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Not sure it helps, but in the new V6 of EN, searching on a parent tag (People) returns notes for all tags under that parent.  So if you have the tag Tom on a note, searching for tag:People will find the Tom note and all the other notes with tags under People.  In other words, you may be able to just tag the note with Tom. 

16 hours ago, csihilling said:

Not sure it helps, but in the new V6 of EN, searching on a parent tag (People) returns notes for all tags under that parent.  So if you have the tag Tom on a note, searching for tag:People will find the Tom note and all the other notes with tags under People.  In other words, you may be able to just tag the note with Tom. 

Thanks for your reply.

In my 6.6.1 version, It won't show the Tom or staff when I search tags:People.

I don't know why.... :(

• Level 5*

Go to Tools - Options - Note and check Automatically select child tags.  For this to work you will need to select People from the tag tree in the left panel tag list and you should get notes containing tags for People and all its child tags.

Interestingly, inheritance does not work with other search methods, for me anyway:  Ctrl-Q, the tag drop down in search, or entering tag:tagname in the search bar,  Seems like a bug which I will post in the Beta forum.

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Daniel Kong said:

I can't find the option on my MAC.......T_T
Am I missed it?

Its not a Mac option yet.  I'm trusting that with it implemented in Windows, it will "soon" appear on the Mac platform

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

No, including child tags in searches is still not a Mac feature.

I'm not sure how useful it is as a global setting.  I'd prefer to enable this for individual searches.

I can get the same effect by using a common prefix on the child tags and a wildcard in the search; for example    tag:aaa*

Archived