Emailing to EN

I frequently bcc my EN account on emails that I send out. I know how to do it, and I know that if I put @[notebook name] in the subject line the email will go into the specified EN notebook.  

Is there a way to do that without the recipient also getting that annotation? Subject lines in emails that have random and apparently arbitrary content confuses the recipient.  Let's say the subject is Sunday's company picnic, but I want to bcc into my EN notebook called "torture" the subject line would read

Subject:  Sunday's company picnic @torture.

Yes, I know that part of the political problem can be avoided by using less inflammatory notebook names, but this is for illustration only. 

Thanks. 

• Level 5

No, the subject line cannot be flexible with one version for the recipient and one for BCC.

The easiest method is to send the email to the recipient and then edit the subject line and resend it to yourself.

That's what I suspected. I've been using that approach for a while but wondered if maybe I'd missed something.

Thank you for responding.

• Level 5*

Or just send it to your default notebook and adjust it from there, if your default notebook is an inbox you keep "clean".  Send it twice or edit in EN.... pick your poison.  ;)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DCW said:

I frequently bcc my EN account on emails that I send out. I know how to do it, and I know that if I put @[notebook name] in the subject line the email will go into the specified EN notebook.  

Is there a way to do that without the recipient also getting that annotation?

You might be able to do this using Rules for your email app.  I know it is possible to have rules for outgoing msg in many email apps, and some even allow scripts.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, DCW said:

Is there a way to do that without the recipient also getting that annotation? Subject lines in emails that have random and apparently arbitrary content confuses the recipient.  Let's say the subject is Sunday's company picnic, but I want to bcc into my EN notebook called "torture" the subject line would read

Subject:  Sunday's company picnic @torture.

Yes, I know that part of the political problem can be avoided by using less inflammatory notebook names, but this is for illustration only. 

Thanks. 

I would agree with @csihilling; cc to your Inbox notebook and clean it up there

I rarely use those extra email options because of the potential for error; for example incorrect spelling of a notebook or tag

I prefer cleaning up in Evernote, where I have dropdown lists.

Archived