Visable Notebook Title In Evernote v6.0 (6.0.4) for Windows

I originally had "Search Information" turned off in "View" and noticed that nowhere did it tell me what Notebook I was looking at.  I tried all the various views from Snippet, Card, Top and Side Views, but none seemed to identify the Notebook I was looking in. I finally found that if I turned on the "Search Information" under "View" it would tell me how many notes I was looking at and in what NOTEBOOK.  So I have left the "Search Information" toggled on solving my problem, but shouldn't the focused Notebook always be noted somewhere on the screen, even when "Search Information" is toggled off?

Thanks jbenson2but guess I didn't make myself clear.  It's when looking in the NOTEBOOK view that I couldn't see what Notebook I was looking at until I turned on "Search Information".  I had no problem seeing the applicable Notebook when I was looking at a particular note, it was just when viewing the contents of a selected Notebook.  But I appreciate your comment regardless.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, JohnOem said:

Thanks jbenson2but guess I didn't make myself clear.  It's when looking in the NOTEBOOK view that I couldn't see what Notebook I was looking at until I turned on "Search Information".  I had no problem seeing the applicable Notebook when I was looking at a particular note, it was just when viewing the contents of a selected Notebook.  But I appreciate your comment regardless.

If you are in top/side list view you can show a column for Notebook.  If not, you are right you cannot determine context just looking at the note list.

The only way I know to determine context is to show the search explanation.  Which isn't all bad in the 6.0 version since search is now always contextual (unless you reset) and its good to know where you start.  Plus the search bar is an easy way to change notebook context if you don't have the left panel open.

Thanks csihilling,  Yes, now that I know to keep "Search Information" toggled ON, I actually like the way it not only tells me what Notebook I'm in, but the total records in it as well. Maybe Evernote might want to consider "Search Information ON" as the default setting at installation.

• Level 5*

You are welcome.  Good point.  Probably more value in showing it out of the box and closing it when you have a lengthy search expression.  I haven't closed it since I opened it.

Archived