Question about PDF displayed inline

Try to search in the forum, without success.

Using EN version 6.5 on OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite), the problem is that some PDF files that I add to a note can not be displayed inline.

Simply, that option it is not available from the dropdown menu when I right click over the file with the mouse, and the file it is displayed as attachment only.

This happens only with some PDF's, not all.

I would like to know why this happens, and if there is any solution. Any help will be appreciated

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, rbianchi said:

Using EN version 6.5 on OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite), the problem is that some PDF files that I add to a note can not be displayed inline.

Simply, that option it is not available from the dropdown menu when I right click over the file with the mouse, and the file it is displayed as attachment only.

This happens only with some PDF's, not all.

I would like to know why this happens, and if there is any solution. Any help will be appreciated

Can you confirm they are valid pdf's - can you open them?
I have the same problem with some pdfs I created with web clipper - the pdfs are corrupted

Hey @rbianchi, how are these PDFs being attached to Evernote? Are you dragging and dropping the file into a note, using the attachment tool, mailing in the note, or clipping the PDF?

Would you be willing to attach a copy of one of the PDFs you are experiencing the issue with? I'd like to look into this further.

Hi, BSR, thanks for the reply.

The PDF file is a bill that I receive in gmail, download, and the first time a Hazel rule upload the file to evernote through an apple script, but repeated the procedure by dragging and dropping the file directly into a note, with the same result.

Old PDF files of the same company do not have this problem.

How can  I send the file to you? By direct message?

Hey @rbianchi, thanks for sending the PDF over. I've dragged it into Evernote from my desktop and am able to properly view the PDF inline. I've converted this into a ticket and will be in touch via email shortly.

Archived