Feature Request: Scroll Past End

Alliah

Idea

11 replies to this idea

Hi! With our beta editor update, we've made some progress on this. Now, as in the mac client, the user to scroll about one line past the end. Can you try it out and let me know what you think? It's not as dramatic as the atom editor.

• Like 1

Every one of my evernote documents ends in about 50 lines of whitespace to achieve this feature. I am vastly more comfortable typing at the top of a screen than the bottom. If this were an option, it would save me a lot of carriage returns. Thanks.

@scruggles I use Sublime for editing, so the scroll past feature there is just like Atom. The scrolling-past-end feature in Evernote should be the same as in Atom & Sublime - you should be able to scroll past the end up to a maximum of where the last line is just at the top of the screen. So I'm agreeing with @jkmcrg here. Anyone used to the scroll-past feature will likely be expecting this behavior. Thanks for responding to us users!

I have this exact same requirement having just started using EN on an iPad with Pencil... very uncomfortable trying to write at the bottom of the tablet, and if you add new lines your text regularly ends up in the wrong place, as EN thinks you are trying to write in one of the empty lines due to the position of the pencil 🤦‍♂️

This has the same impact on the desktop version for Mac... once you've filled a page you're constantly typing/adding content at the bottom of the screen... not great ergonomics!

Seems crazy to me that this thread was started 6 years ago, and this only seems to impact a small number of users?! I must be one of a strange minority :) 

• Level 5

All posts prior to yours are about the old clients - and this is a forum for the web client.

If you want something for the new clients, these are the options:

• Start your own thread, in the right forum 
  • Send feedback to Evernote 
  • Contact support