Note lost all content after saving - empty

Hey there,

I started using Evernote this very week and I have to say that I find it pretty easy and practical to work with. Everything was perfect until a couple of minutes ago. I was editing one of my notes and it had a lot of content already. When I finished I saved it and after clicking on the left corner arrow to go back to all notes, I noticed that in the note preview/thumbnail there was nothing on it. So I opened the note and boom. Completely empty. The only thing that remained was the title and the headline of the note. I'm very pissed cause I put a lot of time on that note. This is unacceptable. If I don't get my note back I'm obviously not going to risk using this software anymore.

Question: Is there any way I can get my note back?

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*
On 2/19/2016 at 4:26 PM, FredoCM said:

Everything was perfect until a couple of minutes ago. I was editing one of my notes and it had a lot of content already. When I finished I saved it and after clicking on the left corner arrow to go back to all notes, I noticed that in the note preview/thumbnail there was nothing on it.

Sorry to hear about your problems with Evernote.  What versions of OS and Evernote are you running?

It is possible that you can recover previous versions of your note, using the Note History feature offered by Evernote Premium account.
If you don't have a Premium account, you can upgrade for one month, and you will have access to Note Histories prior to your upgrade.

14 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  If the note still exists,  but the content is gone,  check your account on the web by logging into Evernote.com your original note may still be preserved there.

If it is not,  you may be able to get something back by looking at Note History.  (This is a premium feature)

Failing that,  contact support for more assistance.

Already tried that first step. The note is there, but also empty. Well, I don't want to spend 5€ without being sure that I can retrieve my note...

7 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

Sorry to hear about your problems with Evernote.  What versions of OS and Evernote are you running?

It is possible that you can recover previous versions of your note, using the Note History feature offered by Evernote Premium account.
If you don't have a Premium account, you can upgrade for one month, and you will have access to Note Histories prior to your upgrade.

It happened on Windows, the Touch version though. Well, I guess I'll have to spend 5€... It is worth it if I can recover it. 

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, FredoCM said:

Already tried that first step. The note is there, but also empty. Well, I don't want to spend 5€ without being sure that I can retrieve my note...

And thats the downside of sync.  
A mistake happens on one device and gets replicated everywhere.
Its happened to me more than once.  I've recovered with note history, and my backup processes which include a periodic exported copy of my notes.

For me, the cost of a paid account is money well spent;  for the note history in addition to the other benefits.

• 3 months later...

I too just lost a note I'd been maintaining for 2 years!! :o I was editing on the iphone and seleted all to convert to a bullet list and that wiped out all the data!! Now there's just one bullet on that note. Obviously I have the basic plan and I'm not planning to buy yet because I don't use it that often but this has been really bad and I wish I'd maintained the note in google docs or something.

Is there any way to get my note back? Please help.

Archived