Notebook stacks

• Level 5*

Evernote does not have folders, only Stacks, Notebooks, and Notes.

Stacks may contain 2 or more Notebooks, but Notebooks can not contain sub-notebooks.  Notebooks can contain only Notes.

However, you may use tags as pseudo Notebooks, and have as many levels (sub-pseudo NB) as you like.
For more info, see:

• Level 5*
On 2/9/2016 at 1:11 PM, Caporeira said:

How and how many notebooks/folder under the notebooks/folder (tree) can I do in Evernote ?

Per @JMichaelTX one level of notebooks in a stack.  You can have 250 notebooks in total in EN, so either 250 notebooks to spread across however many stacks you have, AFAIK.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, csihilling said:

You can have 250 notebooks in total in EN, so either 250 notebooks to spread across however many stacks you have, AFAIK

I believe Stacks count in the Notebook count.  So you can have a combined total of 250 (Stacks + Notebooks).

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, csihilling said:

Good to know, I wasn't sure.

I'm not 100% sure.  I can't find any current official Evernote document/page that states this.
The limit is based on my memory.  Here is the only reference I can find:

On 1/24/2013 at 0:44 PM, Litleape said:

I read the following on the Evernote website:

"Each Evernote account is subject to the following limitations:

• 100,000 Notes; each note can be a maximum of 25 megabytes (mb) for free users and 100 megabytes (mb) for Premium users.
  • 250 Synchronized Notebooks (including Notebook Stacks). All 250 notebooks can be shared. There is no limit to the number of Local Notebooks (which aren't synced) you can have.
  • 10,000 Tags.
  • 100 Saved Searches."
  • Level 5*
21 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

@Litleape - 250 Synchronized Notebooks (including Notebook Stacks). All 250 notebooks can be shared. There is no limit to the number of Local Notebooks (which aren't synced) you can have.

Even this is confusing to me.  It says all 250 notebooks can be shared as well.  Pretty sure you can't share a stack.  Oh well, @Caporeira, net of it all you should be safe planning for a total of 250 notebooks and stacks before you press the limits.

Archived