(Archived) Time display problem

Hi,

I think there is a problem with the date displayed for published notes.

For example, if I write note at 11:56 here in Paris (Central European Time),

when I publish it, it will show 2:56 AM which is something like the time in California ?? (minus 9 hours)

Note that the time on the web client is okay (11:56), Only published notebooks have this problem.

I guess this would need to be adjusted to the local time of publication.

Another thing that I find annoying on my continental side of the Atlantic, is that in the web clients, time is displayed in 12 hours (am/pm) format when on my clients (PC / mobile) it is displayed in 24 hours format.

It would be nice to have time display synchronized across clients and better to have the option to choose between 12 and 24 hours format.

Thanks,

Christian

I assume we're talking about publishing from the web client? I seem to recall that there's a setting in the web client (look under settings, at the top) for your local timezone. The last time I looked at mine, the timezone wasn't actually set. Try making sure that's set correctly.

Yep I'm talking about publishing from the web client.

I have set my local timezone to CET (in web client settings) but when I publish a note into a public notebook it does not keep the local TZ.

Hi

A couple of captures to try and clarify the problem of incorrectly displayed date/time in public notebooks.

When viewed in the web client, the date/time is correctly displayed

2080307-CT1518.jpg

When viewed from the public notebook, the date/time is incorrectly displayed

2080307-CT1520.jpg

Best,

C.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi again

Bumping this thread again to notify that the latest EN3 still has the same bug.

The published notes don't display local time as is the case in private notes.

If I write a note at 8:07 am on 27/05/2008 in Paris it displays 11:07 pm, same day, which is not even a valid Time Zone for the time being.

Thanks for listening,

Have a nice day,

Chris

The times in public notebooks are currently displayed in server time (California). There's a bug filed against this, and it should be fixed in an upcoming update.

Thanks for the report

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived