Backup before update?

bjfrommu

• Level 5*
On January 27, 2016 at 10:12 AM, bjfrommu said:

Do I need to back up my data somehow before I update??

You don't need to, and may experience no problems, until that one time.

I have my regular back up process; nothing special for updates

• 6 months later...
On 1/27/2016 at 11:42 PM, bjfrommu said:

Hello, i am a newbie Evernote user, but already have lots of files. I've been getting noticed that updates are available.  Do I need to back up my data somehow before I update?? 

Thanks! 

nah... I have done all my updates without back up. Sometimes one may face issue so it is highly advisable to do backup. :-) However the chances are very less of any problems.

• Level 5*
On 1/27/2016 at 0:12 PM, bjfrommu said:

Hello, i am a newbie Evernote user, but already have lots of files. I've been getting noticed that updates are available.  Do I need to back up my data somehow before I update?? 

Thanks! 

If you are a Newbie it will only take a few seconds and it can't hurt anything, so yes.  

Off topic a bit, but I would consider adding some form of periodic backup to your process.  All the normal reasons, but really comes in handy should you accidentally delete a note.  No other way to get it back.  I use the ENEX format by notebook, but if you search the forums you can find threads on the subject.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Brian Alvaro said:

nah... I have done all my updates without back up. Sometimes one may face issue so it is highly advisable to do backup. :-) However the chances are very less of any problems.

Be careful if you have local notebooks.

You can consider the Evernote servers as a backup, however local notebooks never get uploaded

Archived