Lack of PDF editing capabilities in Evernote workflow after Skitch resign

Hi,

When PDF is selected, Evernote shows the options: "edit" or "view" the file.

Choosing edit Evernote just list Skitch app in the menu, even I have other apps with PDF capabilities. 

I have installed Acrobat, Foxit, Xodo and none of them are listed for editing. 

Since Skitch is killed, how can I launch and edit a PDF app from Evernote?

Thanks,

Cadu

• Level 5*

Hi.  You can continue to use Skitch if you wish - the Skitch functionality built into the Android app is now part of Evernote,  not the separate Skitch app.  To open a PDF document in another application you can download the file to your device and open the PDF file with any app that will do so.

20 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  You can continue to use Skitch if you wish - the Skitch functionality built into the Android app is now part of Evernote,  not the separate Skitch app.  To open a PDF document in another application you can download the file to your device and open the PDF file with any app that will do so.

So gazumped I'd been thinking that the whole "open with Skitch" options was going totally bye-bye. If what you are saying is correct, all the things I can do with Skitch are going to stay in place inside Evernote, but as a stand alone app it will be gone?

• Level 5*

Sorry - I may have been unintentionally misleading there.  The rationale for killing Skitch (as I understand it) is that all the functionality that Evenote consider relevant is now built into the Evernote app;  so for the most part you don't need the stand-alone Skitch.  If you have SA Skitch installed though,  it will continue to work until it won't.  Future hardware or (other) software conflicts or changes might sabotage things,  in which case you're not going to get any support or updates from Evernote - the separate app will continue to work,  but when it stops it's dead (unless you, or we, can come up with temporary fixes). 

The bits that are now part of Evernote however will be supported and updated under that banner like the rest of the features.  If you see any functions that the 'old' Skitch had which aren't now part of Evernote,  then I guess there's no harm in posting them as Ideas to see whether they can be added back in future updates...

It's possible I may have mis-stated or misunderstood the full import of the announcement though - read the full details here https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/12/17/evernote-to-end-support-for-clearly-evernote-for-pebble-and-versions-of-skitch/

Archived