Links to open notes in Evernote Desktop (not in Evernote Web)

Hello, I would like to use Evernote as storage for some important documents.

My plan is to have an Access database with descriptions and other metadata of the documents and also an URL column that would open the Note containing the document in Evernote Desktop.

The problem is that when I create a link to the note in Evernote desktop (with the Note > Copy Link), the format of the link is like this:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/...

Which opens the note in Evernote Web, not in Evernote Desktop. This means that this doesn't work if you don't have internet access at the time.

What I need is to create a link with this format:

evernote:///view/...

Which would open the note in Evernote Desktop.

So far the only solution I found for this is this:

1. Create a dummy note in Evernote Desktop
  2. In this dummy note, create a link to the Note containing the document.
  3. In the dummy note, edit this link and copy the address (which has the desired format) to the Access table.

Anybody knows of a quicker solution to get the desktop link of a note to use in other windows desktop applications?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not sure whether this is 'officially' supported,  but it still works in my current Beta version of EN Windows - right click the note and Ctrl-click the 'Copy Note Link' option.  Your link will be in the evernote:///view/...  style.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Mafaldo said:

The problem is that when I create a link to the note in Evernote desktop (with the Note > Copy Link), the format of the link is like this: https://www.evernote.com/shard/...
What I need is to create a link with this format: evernote:///view/...

Thats an EN feature, that there is multiple ways to access the same note.
On my Mac, if I hold the option key when copying a link, I get the ///view version
If I copied the default //WWW version, it changes to ///view if I paste into another EN note, and is effective on both my iPad and Mac.

Archived