4 months of notes have vanished

I opened Evernote today to discover that 4 months of notes have vanished. They are not in the trash folder and they are not there when logging in from the web.

I can't find any way to contact tech support directly.

~Steve  

Omg thats one of my nightmares. Tell us how it went please. Perhaps someone erased it from your Laptop, Cellphone. 

This post is why I keep a series of Evernote backups. Some monthly, some weekly, and some daily.

Hey man, i do that too. One thing that I never understood was what would happen after an Import: lets say suddenly the last 3 months of my Evernote activity are gone. But its ok, cause I had made a backup the day before. When I click "import", and then select the .enex file, Is that all ? will the notes be restored in their notebooks? 

• Level 5

This post is why I keep a series of Evernote backups. Some monthly, some weekly, and some daily.

Hey man, i do that too. One thing that I never understood was what would happen after an Import: lets say suddenly the last 3 months of my Evernote activity are gone. But its ok, cause I had made a backup the day before. When I click "import", and then select the .enex file, Is that all ? will the notes be restored in their notebooks? 

Sorry, but I can't offer any guidance with the Import feature. I do not try to do a selective restore. Someone else might have a better response.

With Evernote Windows, I copy the entire .exb file which contains the whole enchilada - notes, tags, attachments. Because I back up frequently and keep several copies of past backups, it is easier to do a full restore.

Sorry, but I can't offer any guidance with the Import feature. I do not try to do a selective restore. Someone else might have a better response.

With Evernote Windows, I copy the entire .exb file which contains the whole enchilada - notes, tags, attachments. Because I back up frequently and keep several copies of past backups, it is easier to do a full restore.

The .enex doesn't contain notes, tags and attachments? 

• Level 5*

ENEX files don't contain notebook name information.  So if you want to restore by notebook you need to export and create the ENEX files by notebook.

Archived