Syncing Exclamation Mark

I am new to Evernote. I have been working in local folders and just copied the notes in one of my locals to a synced Notebook. I do a manual sync and get these messages:

10:33:29 [5960] 0% Connecting account suew12
10:33:29 [5960] 0% Connecting account suew12
10:33:29 [5960] 0% Updating server items
10:33:29 [5960] 0% Creating server notebook "Recipes"
10:33:31 [5960] 0% EDAMSystemException: errorCode=RATE_LIMIT_REACHED message="DuplicateNotebookLimiter"
10:33:31 [11068] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
10:33:31 [11068] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected problem server side

This Notebook is part of a Notebook Stack.

I look at my Evernote on the web and there is 1 recipe in it. I only have 2 synced Notebooks and 8 Locals. I have rebooted but that didn't help. 

Thanks for any help.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't I remember you saying in another post that you had reached your upload limit?  The Exclamation mark means the sync failed,  and the snippet you attached above suggests it failed while trying to set up a new notebook on the server - something that it won't do if you are at or over the limit.  If you have headroom in your monthly allowance,  trying deleting any notes from the Trash notebook - sometimes too many notes in there can cause issues.

Otherwise here's Evernote's thoughts on things... https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313378

I cleaned things up and when I looked at my usage it is now 16%, plenty of space left now that I learned about local folders(thanks to you). I deleted everything in the trash this morning, that gave me back all the space, took forever to delete everything.

I just started sync again, I selected 5 notes to sync but it appears to be doing everything in the Notebook.

It looks like the problem was at Evernotes end and it has been corrected.

I must have tried for 2 hours this morning to get it to sync.

I am slowly getting better at this.

Thanks for the quick response.

• Level 5*

Just so you know, you cannot sync selected notes.  The sync will be for any changed or new notes in notebooks designated as synced.  No sense in syncing something which is already in sync, so to speak.

Yes, I learned that the hardway. I would love to have more control over what Evernote does. I also wish for some informational messages as to what it is doing. Example: Importing 500 notes, 43 finished, 5 not imported due to size.  Something along those lines. I feel I am in the dark about what it is doing and probably interrupt a process because I don't know it is doing something.................

• 1 year later...

Archived