Pinwheel of Death—Evernote (not responding)

I was on a phone call with my mobile service provider, and I needed to validate some account information. Luckily, I store all that kind of stuff in Evernote. I opened the app on my desktop, and it froze. I force quit. Opened. Froze. Force quit. Opened. Froze. ad nauseum...

I had to regrettably hang up with customer service because they wouldn't access my account without the specific information stored on Evernote.

I can't do anything in the app except Force Quit.

Is there a more recent update (currently on 6.1.1) or bug that isn't playing nice with Mac OS (10.10.5)?

post-78372-0-32041900-1443738711_thumb.p

• Level 5*

Hi.  First,  try restarting your device to see if normal service will resume.  If not,  there are two sources for Evernote updates - Apple and Evernote.com.  Whichever one you're currently using,  try uninstalling your app and restart / reinstalling from the other source.  Evernote.com tend to have the latest version first.  As you're having some issues it would also be a very good idea to get a contingency backup of your database before you make any changes to the system.  https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/28607737

• Level 5*

I opened the app on my desktop, and it froze. I force quit. Opened. Froze. Force quit. Opened. Froze. ad nauseum...

Is there a more recent update (currently on 6.1.1) or bug that isn't playing nice with Mac OS (10.10.5)?

You are on the latest release version.

As @Gaz suggested, try a restart of your Mac to see if that fixes the issue.

Restarts often cure unexplained issues.

If you are using the Direct Download ver from Evernote.com, I definitely would NOT switch to the App Store ver.

The App Store ver has had issues/bugs in the past that were not in the Direct D/L ver, and it is slower to be updated.

If the restart does not fix the issue, then:

1. Ask yourself what has changed since the last time Evernote was working properly?
  2. If you can't identify/fix any other issues that might be causing the Evernote problem,

THEN you might try a simple app reinstall.

1. See Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

Hi Bryan of the Valley,

That sounds like a frustrating experience. Restarting and then reinstalling if problems continue are good first troubleshooting steps. Should you continue to have problems, please open a support ticket (see my signature) and we can investigate why this is happening.

Please also remember that in a pinch, you can always access your notes at Evernote.com.

Archived