Premium Speed

I've been using Evernote for 2 weeks.  Absolutely love it.  Purchased Premium yesterday.

All of a sudden my speed/performance is now S L O W... :(

What gives?

When I go to the search bar and type tag:   ... I have to wait for my keyboard to come back before

I can continue typing.... 

Very frustrating...

I've tried Closing, deleting my local databases, Re-Opening to Re-Sync per another's suggestion with no luck.

Any advice/help would be VERY much appreciated!

Thanks!

Bob.

Hi.  Make sure you've synced everything,  then uninstall / restart / reinstall ?

Thanks for the reply... it's actually been working well this morning.   Possibly the sync was the issue.  Maybe everything is now in line.

Much appreciated!

• Level 5*

Should you have another slowdown check what else is running on your machine at that time.  It could very well be EN, but sometimes automated scans or downloads or some other automated process can consume resources and slow things down as well. 

• Level 5*

I've been using Evernote for 2 weeks.  Absolutely love it.  Purchased Premium yesterday.

All of a sudden my speed/performance is now S L O W... :(

What gives?

I don't know for sure, but it is possible that some of the features enabled by a Premium account needed to create some indexes or other related files.  If so, this should not last long.  Looks like it was finished / cleared up the next day.   :)

• Level 5*

Could be JM, but I didn't think there were any search differences betwixt free and paid.  More about infrastructure stuff like upload volume, note history, note size, email, etc. 

But, then again, strange stuff does happen from time to time.  ;)

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate the feedback. The rest of the day was pretty good. Hopefully the performance is now stabilized. Possibly reindexing and or syncing caused what I was experiencing. EN is so far beyond the other apps I've been using. I felt deflated when the performance slugged out. Like I say though... The rest of the day was fine so...I'm optimistic. Thanks again for the feedback!

..bob

• Level 5*

Could be JM, but I didn't think there were any search differences betwixt free and paid.  

The Free account does not include OCR of scanned PDFs, which is needed for search in Evernote.

• Level 5*

Could be JM, but I didn't think there were any search differences betwixt free and paid.  

The Free account does not include OCR of scanned PDFs, which is needed for search in Evernote.

JM, thanks, had forgotten that.  Though, I think that is a server side process so may or may not impact the OPs issue.

For clarity for any new users who might read this thread, PDFs are searchable for free users if you scan and OCR them using a scansnap scanner or the like, or if you just OCR them yourself.  Only way I know of to get searchable PDFs for those you notes you keep in local notebooks.

• Level 5*

JM, thanks, had forgotten that.  Though, I think that is a server side process so may or may not impact the OPs issue.

I agree that the OCR process is done by the Evernote Service, but I believe that just produces text which must be indexed  on the local machine.

I don't know if this mounts to a hill of beans or not.

Since neither of us are Evernote programmers, we don't really know what Evernote does internally.  One would not think the account type should have any impact on performance, but who knows -- I've seen stranger things.   ;)

Archived