Sync Evernote with Wordpress blog

markjl

Hello I found this just totally great plugin to sync Evernote with Wordpress called Sentinote

but there are one or 2 small bugs

- pages are duplicated

- images don't work

I am an avid follower of postach.io which works but is complicated to customize

IFTTT might do it but I need more info first.

Would anyone like to take up the task of fixing this so that Evernote syncs with Wordpress?

I feel sure (although I don't understand why its not already a burning issue) there would be demand for it ...

Just tag notes 'published' and they appear on a wordpress blog.

Anyone interested? motivated?

Cheers

Actually I believe the developer of Sentinote is, or at least was, a Forum member. *If* I recall correctly, he couldn't keep up with the development due to other commitments and turned the app out into the wild, as it were, for anyone to use and/or further develop.

If you search the forum, all his posts should still be there. They might be dated as far back as 2012 or 2013.

Hello I found this just totally great plugin to sync Evernote with Wordpress called Sentinote

but there are one or 2 small bugs

- pages are duplicated

- images don't work

I am an avid follower of postach.io which works but is complicated to customize

IFTTT might do it but I need more info first.

Would anyone like to take up the task of fixing this so that Evernote syncs with Wordpress?

I feel sure (although I don't understand why its not already a burning issue) there would be demand for it ...

Just tag notes 'published' and they appear on a wordpress blog.

Anyone interested? motivated?

Cheers

• Level 5*

Good catch @Wordsgood!  I didn't think I'd heard of this extension, but a quick net search (which I only just did... :huh:) turns up lots of hits. 

The latest I can see suggests that this extension hasn't been updated for nearly a year now,  though the original developer is still answering queries and looking for someone to take this on.  http://sentinote.com/2014/04/now-free-on-the-wordpress-plugin-directory-and/ for the latest information.  There's no sign the app won't work if you use it,  but it's a little worrying it's a poor orphan still...

I use Wordpress, and use EN to draft my posts. I currently prefer to manually copy and paste the drafts, and then tweak them in WP, as I find Wordpress formatting can be... let's say quirky... plus I usually have images in my posts so I need to check the layout and flow around them.

That said I can see the value in sending a draft from EN automatically, especially if it was set to draft in WP so it didn't show up in the blog until it had been reviewed and posted. Ideally there'd be a way to push from EN, rather than rely on pulling from the WP end. I'd love to see a plugin feature for the EN desktop client, even if it's just on export - so you could write a plugin to export to Wordpress, for example. As it is, you have to rely on the external plugins polling EN for notes to process.

The only way I can think of to achieve that at the moment is to use the "email note" function and a WP plugin to allow posts from emails - there are several that do that job and are under active development.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :)

Name is bryan. Made a few posts around this forum. I spoke with the creator of sentinote. Awesome guy and shared a lot of tips with me. So I have a similar product - blogwith.co

Currently supports text only. Adding markdown this weekend. I'm been testing it for the past week. If anyone, like to give it a try. I love to hear your feedback.

< video of my testing.

Archived