Top of note when I switch between notes

I've been working with two notes. Those notes are very LONG, more than 1000 lines.

The problem is that when I switch between notes I see the TOP of note not the part I was working.

For example, I was working on 500th line in note A. I switch to note B to copy a sentence in order to paste it to 500th line in note A.

To do this, I have to SCROLL DOWN to 500th line to find the place I want to paste the sentence after switching to note A. 

Is there any way to see 500th line, not the top of the note A, when I switch back?

• Level 5*

Short answer,  no.  Slightly longer version - long notes are an issue.  It's much better to make lots of short notes threaded together with common tags or headings.  You can always copy and merge the notes if you need one continuous text at any time.  Working on one paragraph at a time,  the scrolling issue doesn't exist.

• Level 5*

Forgot that bit - and if you are working in a long note (still hate 'em though),  you can always drop a temporary keyword "Xbookmark" in the text and have a saved search to jump to a spot much closer to your edits.  Move the tag as the work develops...

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue. I'm sitting and writing in one note, I need to get some info from a different note, but when I come back to the original note it goes all the way to the top, and forces me to scroll down and find the spot that I was in. Even though my notes typically contain less than 1000 words, it still becomes a huge inconvenience to have to scroll and find my spot every single time.

Is there no setting in the preferences to fix this? As far as I can tell there is not.

Otherwise, I would hope the Evernote team picks up on this and implements it. I don't see why you wouldn't want to include this as an optional setting.

(BTW I use a mac but I'm writing this in this thread because it's what showed up in google)

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, Kir-Java said:

I'm having the same issue. I'm sitting and writing in one note, I need to get some info from a different note, but when I come back to the original note it goes all the way to the top, and forces me to scroll down and find the spot that I was in. Even though my notes typically contain less than 1000 words, it still becomes a huge inconvenience to have to scroll and find my spot every single time.

Is there no setting in the preferences to fix this? As far as I can tell there is not.

Otherwise, I would hope the Evernote team picks up on this and implements it. I don't see why you wouldn't want to include this as an optional setting.

(BTW I use a mac but I'm writing this in this thread because it's what showed up in google)

Again, simplest workaround for me is to open the prime note in a second window.  Then you keep your place and you can drag/drop if you like.  Personally I like it better since I can see both notes at the same time.  FWIW.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived