Bring back separator lines at top of notes

brsnyder

Idea

I just upgraded to the most recent EN for Mac (6.0.5) and do NOT like the fact that there are no longer separator lines between the info at the top of the note, the note title, and the note content. (I use Snippet view.)  Now each note looks like a big blob of info. Was this change actually requested by anyone? I can't imagine it was, and also can't imagine how this task rose high enough on anyone's to do list to actually be done. Please bring this visual differentiation back.

This is why I so often hate updating software - people change things for no apparent reason and it makes things something I'm very used to and comfortable with less friendly to work with.

I'm attaching pictures of what it looks like now vs. where lines used to be. I find the latter so much easier to scan. I'm not sure all those lines were there, but there was some way those areas were delineated from each other.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version?

Thanks -- Barbara

post-48495-0-19078500-1421442447_thumb.p

post-48495-0-48337300-1421442455_thumb.p

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It is possible to move back to a previous version,  provided you're prepared to uninstall with something like Appcleaner to remove all traces of Evernote,  and rebuild the database by downloading it from the server. If you have any unsynced notes or local notebooks,  you will need to export them to ENEX files and re-import them to the recreated database when it is completed.  Earlier versions of Evernote are available from http://filehippo.com/mac/download_evernote_for_mac/

Hopefully that's just a boo-boo and will be fixed in the next release. They made a honest to goodness mistake with the latest Windows release by making the note title font size minuscule. They've fixed that in the latest beta. 

As far as I can see, this Mac release is the only client that does not have a separator between the note title and body. So I don't think there's any trend to go on and say it was intended. Hopefully not. It looks awful. 

• Level 5*

I just upgraded to the most recent EN for Mac (6.0.5) and do NOT like the fact that there are no longer separator lines between the info at the top of the note, the note title, and the note content. (I use Snippet view.)  Now each note looks like a big blob of info. Was this change actually requested by anyone? 

. . .

Is there a way to revert to the previous version?

Thanks -- Barbara

There have been many, many complaints about this very issue starting with the release of EN Mac 6.0.1.

I follow these forums closely, and I've never seen anyone ask for this.

Evernote UI designers seem to be very much out of touch with what their customers want and like.

If you want to revert to an earlier version, see How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

I want the title and the note to be clearly identified as distinct, so yes bring back the line.

Oh and bring back the HORIZONTAL LINE button to the mobile app. I use it frequently and now I can only copy and paste it or wait till I get to the desktop version to use it.

Archived