How do you turn off Context?

ronpracht

I'm definitely experiencing this problem with Evernote for Windows.

Man, this thing is a pain. It's frequently popping up, obscuring where I'm entering notes on the lower right corner of the screen. It pops up intermittently, sometimes more than once a minute.

• Ex Employees

You should be able to turn off the Context feature in your program Settings/Preferences. 

You can also change and update the kind of results that appear in your notes: related notes, articles or information about people and companies. If you share your specific device we can give you exact instructions on how to make these changes :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

But does this truly turn this off? I mean, will Evernote continue scanning my personal notes and linking them to public content services? If so, i'll downgrade to free. The context features is absolutely useless to me.

Did you try it?

But does this truly turn this off? I mean, will Evernote continue scanning my personal notes and linking them to public content services? If so, i'll downgrade to free. The context features is absolutely useless to me.

Did you try it?

I tried it in terms of i noticed an annoying pop-up window referening items that had nothing to do what i was working on. If there's a better way to use it, i guess i'd try it again, although probably not because i don't want Evernote connecting in any way my notes and outside content. i'm going to be the sole gatekeeper as far as that goes. that's why i'm considering going back to free.

When i read that it pulled content from outside my Evernote account, that's when it went from an annoyance i toggled off to something creepy and intrusive i want permanently removed as a feature.

Archived