Stop sharing notes!

taysaac

Idea

I shared a note with one person once.  Now, every time I open a new note, it says that it is shared with her.  I go to Note-More Sharing-Permissions on my mac and it says it isn't being shared with anyone even though at the top of the note it says it is shared with that one person.  How the heck to I unshare ALL of my new notes with this person that I don't want to give a key to the door of my life?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Two thoughts -

1. Does the person with whom these notes are apparently shared see more than the one note you intended to share?
  2. Is it possible that you shared a notebook and all its content,  rather than just one note?

If you can say which version of Evernote you're using - Windows / Mac / Web / iOS / Android we might be able to suggest ways to unshare...

Two thoughts -

1. Does the person with whom these notes are apparently shared see more than the one note you intended to share?
  2. Is it possible that you shared a notebook and all its content,  rather than just one note?

If you can say which version of Evernote you're using - Windows / Mac / Web / iOS / Android we might be able to suggest ways to unshare...

1.She said she isn't receiving any of the other notes I create even though my Evernote says it is shared with her.

2.It is every note in every notebook

I am using the Mac version.  However, I have now noticed that it is only on my home mac that it does that.  My work mac isn't showing the sharing on all notes, only the one I shared.  Maybe I just need to reinstall the Evernote application on my home Mac.  Thanks for jogging my mind....

• Level 5*

@Taysaac:  Are you using EN Mac 6.0 AppStore version by any chance?

I just saw another user reporting a very similar issue.

If so you might want to switch to the Direct D/L version:  See Evernote Mac v6.0.3 Released 

1.She said she isn't receiving any of the other notes I create even though my Evernote says it is shared with her.

I am using the Mac version.  However, I have now noticed that it is only on my home mac that it does that.  My work mac isn't showing the sharing on all notes, only the one I shared.  Maybe I just need to reinstall the Evernote application on my home Mac.  Thanks for jogging my mind....

If so you might want to switch to the Direct D/L version:  See Evernote Mac v6.0.3 Released 

I did check on my home computer and it was running 6.0 on the mac.  That is the computer I was having the problem with.  On my work computer, I am running the newer version and it DOES NOT have the problem.  Thanks for noting that

Looks like 6.0.3 is also live in the App Store FYI. Might have been delayed by an hour or a day or so. 

Archived