Evernote Sharing Glitch

tripp13

Idea

Hello, everyone! I have a strange issue. I've perused the forums unsuccessfully. If there is a post which already address this, please feel free to refer me.

Recently I shared a specific note with a colleague. It's a pretty straightforward procedure, and he received it successfully. Yesterday, however, I noticed that completely different notebook had the sharing icon above it for the entire notebook. The note I shared was in the same stack, but different notebook. And I only shared the one note. But the sharing icon appears above a completely different notebook encompassing all the notes for that one notebook.

When I open permissions for any of the inadvertently shared notes, Evernote tells me no permissions exist. When I go back to the ORIGINAL note that I shared, there are no permissions or shares marked, even though my colleague received the note successfully and even started a chat with it. 

BOTTOM LINE: I shared a SINGLE note from one notebook. The next day, an entirely different notebook was marked as shared, and it's the WHOLE notebook, but when I open any of the shared notes from that notebook, Evernote tells me no permissions exist (so there are no permissions to remove and therefore the share icons remain). And the note that I originally shared successfully has no permissions and no shared icon.

Thoughts? Your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

post-239235-0-65889300-1417552656_thumb.

post-239235-0-34843700-1417552657_thumb.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I haven't heard before about sharing issues with Ver 6.0, but it does have a number of other bugs.

This version has known bugs that cause the issues like Note Titles being changed to "Untitled", missing Local Notebooks, and Notes that don't appear right away.  Most likely all of your Notes are still there, just not being properly processed by Ver 6.0.

So, your options now are:

1. Switch to Direct D/L Ver 6.0.3 which has fixed these bugs (but I'm not sure about sharing bugs)
    See Evernote Mac v6.0.3 Released
  2. Wait for an update to the AppStore version to be released, which is due any day now.
    You can use EN Web until the update.

Also, since I have NOT seen this sharing issue previously reported, you may want to submit a bug report.

See Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

Archived