Evernote Uploads Constantly?

Hey guys, I'm running Evernote on OSX Yosemite here. Over the past couple days or so Evernote has been uploading a lot and I don't know why. Earlier today Evernote was uploading at my maximum upload speed of 140kb a second.

Please help me!

• Level 5*

No reason that we're aware of for major uploads - check Evernote Web via Evernote.com to make sure your notes are OK.  If Evernote is still syncing it may be to do with a database upgrade - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/76662-evernote-for-mac-v60-and-v601  I suggest you make sure you're on the latest version of Evernote downloaded from their website.

Hey, thanks for your reply. Over the past 2 days Evernote has uploaded about 5GB of data... It's still uploading even now.

I'm getting 60 sync errors right now. It says this: "An unexpected error occurred while synchronizing with the Evernote service...." Then it says "Could not sync note 'PB030192'..." And then it lists the remaining 59 errors.

What can I do???

• Level 5*

If you're getting errors,  the 'constant uploading' may just be a continual attempt to sync.  I'd stop the process,  check the content of your notes online via Evernote Web,  and -like I suggested initially- uninstall/ reinstall the app.

• Level 5
Here are my recommendations dealing with this problem:

2. Give your Mac some time to re-index. Meanwhile you may read SoftwareMarcus’s response.

3. Make sure you have a backup of your data (Enex export and Time Machine).

4. Download the lastest version (6.0.2) from the Evernote site!

5. And for a secure removal and re-installation read this.

6. Good Luck!

Here are my recommendations dealing with this problem:

2. Give your Mac some time to re-index. Meanwhile you may read SoftwareMarcus’s response.

3. Make sure you have a backup of your data (Enex export and Time Machine).

4. Download the lastest version (6.0.2) from the Evernote site!

5. And for a secure removal and re-installation read this.

6. Good Luck!

Thanks!

How do I do a complete backup of my Evernote data??? I'm already running Time Machine, but how do I export using Evernote???

I unblocked Evernote in LittleSnitch and now it's uploading at 150kbytes per second or 150kB/s

I keep getting this error: "Could not sync note 'PB020133' Could not sync note 'PB030193'..." And over and over. Evernote was working fine until I upgraded my Evernote Mac client to the new 'Yosemite interface' Evernote and until I upgraded my Evernote Windows 8 client to the new Evernote client. The Windows Evernote client is fine.

Please help me!

• Level 5

I want to do the uninstall, BUT first I want to backup my Evernote: How do I do a complete backup of my Evernote data??? I'm already running Time Machine, but how do I export using Evernote???

- Select all your notes (Command-A)

- Select the "Exports Notes"(?) menu in the second main menu from the left "File"(?)(I am using the german version)

- Select "Evernote XML File(enex)" as file type

- Enter a filename and save

This file can be imported when necessary. However, I think internal note links might not work any more after import.

Alright. I deleted and moved the Evernote to my Trash and then I rebooted my Mac and I installed Evernote directly from the MacApp Store. I just opened Evernote and somehow all of my notes were there even though I didn't enter in my username or password. I unblocked Evernote in LittleSnitch(my firewall) and it's uploading 150kbps per second again.

What does this mean?

Alright. I deleted and moved the Evernote to my Trash and then I rebooted my Mac and I installed Evernote directly from the MacApp Store. I just opened Evernote and somehow all of my notes were there even though I didn't enter in my username or password. I unblocked Evernote in LittleSnitch(my firewall) and it's uploading 150kbps per second again.

What does this mean?

Could someone please tell me what this means I need to do to have Evernote working on my Mac again??

• Level 5

Surely it must be possible?

You could use the terminal and try to find the files/folders related to Evernote yourself. But this is not easy. I have started AppCleaner on my Mac and this is what it found:

post-78019-0-68553100-1418999647_thumb.p

I hope it helps finding the Evernote related files/folders on your Mac. But it might be different from yours because I use two accounts and I have downloaded the Evernote Java SDK for development.

Thanks!

I just moved these folders to the trash:

(user)/Library/Preferences/ all files beginning with com.evernote

(user)/Library/CoreData/com.evernote.Evernote (folder)

I opened the CoreData folder, but there were zero files in it. Is this alright?

I dragged the Evernote.app file from the 'Applications' folder to the Trash.

To re-install Evernote I installed it straight from the MacApp Store and now when I open Evernote I'm already logged in and my Evernote notes are already there... It's like it wasn't deleted at all.

As soon as I unblocked Evernote in LittleSnitch Evernote began uploading at 150kbs...

This is really bothering me a lot!

What else can I try?

• 7 months later...

Archived