I have Mac OS X 10.6.8, how do I download a version of evernote that is compatible?

• Level 5*

You may be able to find a compatible EN Mac by a Google search.

But you are fighting a very steep uphill battle with both Apple and Evernote.

Apple no longer supports Snow Leopard, and Evernote no longer supports versions that run on it.

There are many security issues that have since been fixed.

Your best bet, IMO, is to find a way to upgrade to at least Lion (10.7), and preferably Mavericks (10.9).

This will save you a lot of pain and time in the long run.

See Apple retires Snow Leopard from support

Good luck.

If you have the choice, and your hardware supports it, Mavericks or Mountain Lion are better bets than Lion. Evernote is 5.6 is very crash prone on the latest version of Lion. If you have one of the older Intel Macs that will support nothing newer than 10.7, I'd suggest contacting support for a download link to 5.5.2. That version is pretty stable on 10.7.

Your best bet, IMO, is to find a way to upgrade to at least Lion (10.7), and preferably Mavericks (10.9).

Jackolicious - THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'm nowhere near making decent use of Evernote, but finding out today that i needed to explore upgrading the system on my macbookpro is just the kind of thing that makes me wilt with feelings of resentment & inadequacy.  & there's no way i'm gonna mess with my lil workhorse's OS. xoxxo

• 2 months later...

Here is the direct download version of 5.5.2: http://goo.gl/O0fRde

We will update our public downloads page this week with this information.

This link seems to be dead when I click on it. Is there any other place I can download the older software for OSX 10.6.8? Can you please make this easier to find on your website? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Thank you Jackolicious!!! Have finally had time to take the plunge and start using Evernote on my iPad and iPhone and was horrified to find out Evernote download won't work on my Macbook (yes, it's a black one from 2008, but it's still going great so why upgrade yet!).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, indeed, thanks Jackolicious. I wondered why EverNote on my old MacBook hadn't been updated in over 2 years. I thought to do it manually, and learned the hard way that the newer versions wouldn't work on my old MacBook. So, fortunately, I found your still working link and I'm back to functional again. Obviously, I need to get my daughter to give me an updated MacBook, but she has yet to replace this one's successor. ;-( 

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2014 at 8:28 AM, JMichaelTX said:

.Your best bet, IMO, is to find a way to upgrade to at least Lion (10.7), and preferably Mavericks (10.9).

have a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM that had the hard drive wiped by the Genius Bar and installed Mavericks 10.9.5 last week to make it run faster... it was pretty much unusable with Sierra.... and I would really like to find a version of Eudora that will run on it. The various older versions I can find don't supply their system requirements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 months later...

Archived