Note Size Limit Warning - Note under 25 MB

I created a note with pictures and am now receiving the Note Size Limit Exceeded warning CONSTANTLY! The thing is, it says it will not sync, but it did. Further, when I open the synced note on my desktop, it says the size is 23.7 MB. I then tried to delete a picture from the note on my desktop to make the file even smaller. It worked on my computer, but not on my phone. The size warning is making the app not usable. Help!

• Level 5*

Sounds like it's more the huge note that is making the app unusable..  you may have to log out of Evernote on the phone then back in,  or uninstall/ reinstall to clear its caches;  make sure your other notes have synced first,  and email any that haven't to your Evernote email address.  When software posts limits its always better to treat them as something to avoid widely rather than a target to achieve.

The note is smaller than the posted limit. It synced and appears as I created it on my devices. If it is under the 25 MB limit, I don't understand why the warning pops up constantly.

The note size displayed may be technically under the limit, but it's close & there is possibly overhead in each note that may not be included in the note size. Just like if you buy a hard drive advertised as 800 gigs, you cannot use all 800 gigs b/c some space is required for overhead. Also, I'd guess some people would want to be notified when they are close to maxing out the note size limit BEFORE they actually do & then possibly lose data. Did you try the suggestions Gaz gave you for your phone, after making the note smaller on your desktop & syncing the desktop?

That, along with a warning that I was approaching the limit, would have saved some headache.

Well, it sounds like that's what it was doing...

I created a note with pictures and am now receiving the Note Size Limit Exceeded warning CONSTANTLY! The thing is, it says it will not sync, but it did. Further, when I open the synced note on my desktop, it says the size is 23.7 MB.

Burgersnfries: By a warning, I meant a note that I was approaching the limit as I was creating the note, as you mentioned in your earlier comment. Instead, it let me create the note, save it, and then it synced with my laptop and said the size was 23.7 MB. Then, after that, I was constantly receiving a pop up saying the note was over the limit and would not sync unless I upgraded to premium (even though it DID sync). I would close the pop up, and it would come back up a few minutes later while I was working on something else, and continued doing so. That is what was bugging me so much. I uninstalled the app, re-installed it, and removed two of the pictures. Problem solved. thank you.

Archived