Support Response Times

OK, so I have multiple premium accounts.  I have too many devices - hence EN is loved.

Migrating from one laptop to another as my primary...  (Win7Pro to Win8.1something), and I'm talking the desktop NOT the metro.

I ran parallel for a few months - and through numerous issues, I've resolved all but one - EVERNOTE, and this includes both beloved microsoft and adobe.

So, I've 15+K notes, roughly 15 GB.  When I first loaded, it would sync most of the way (15,300, whereas there are 15,450 notes), and then CRASH.  Fatal Error - I fill out the 'what happened' box and put in my email.  I've done this, perhaps 100 times in 3 months and NEVER once heard back.

I've Chatted with support several times - often to the 'zap the database and reload' - all responses back in a day...  EVERY TIME I do this, it comes up short (never the same), then constantly crashes.

I'M TIRED OF TRUCKING TWO LAPTOPS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND WOULD LIKE TO USE JUST THE NEW ONE (it has some security and software that won't run on the previous, and thereby I have to take both everywhere).  So I chatted another support person up in hopes I would n't get the canned 'wipe your database and reload' response - and I was RIGHT...

8 days ago I wiped the database - and it crashed in the first 100 notes - so I reconnected with support chat and filed a ticket with the log...

Got the response - 8 days later - and guess what it was...

Here is where this gets frustrating...

1)  Took 8 days to receive this response to the ticket (I've followed up several times)...

Hi Brett,

I just saw your log come through and I'm not finding any errors that could be causing your sync/crash problem.

You mentioned you already re-installed the app but I'd like you to try a database rebuild. This will regenerate a new local database by copying your notes back down from the service. Considering the size of your database this could take a while but not hours as you experienced before.

----------

HA!  Another genius who thinks rebuilding the DATABASE will solve it...

I have successfully loaded and synced a different premium account, 10 times now, but as we all know - the PROBLEM MUST BE ON MY END...  Just because two other premium accounts work fine means nothing of the laptop being able to function...  Reload your database so I don't have to deal with you - that's what I hear.

So my question is - as a multi premium user - should I apologize or be upset at the fact it took 8, EIGHT days to send me the standard canned response of rebuild your database (again, for the sixth time in four months).

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the club.  I'm also having major problems with an update to 8.1 and running two laptops - 8.0 with Evernote stable and 8.1 with Evernote Fatal Error.  I've gone through most of the options available and am currently having a dialogue with support 2nd line,  though we haven't come up with more than one or more possible defective notes to explain it.  See these threads for more from other users - 

I'm looking at copying the working database folder from 8.0 onto the 8.1 machine to see if that will jump-start my account - more to follow after the weekend when I get time to do this...

-And I agree 8 days to send a canned response on what should be a known issue is not good!

Everyone has the same responses...

I've had this issue for six months...  It's not 8.1.

Ipad shows 15,415, iphone shows 15,332, web shows 15445 win7 shows 15446 (1 extra for a shared), ios shows 15422.

They can blame my epci hdd or fancy sdd or sdxc all day long - but NONE of them line up except win7pro on sdxc.

BTW - on the desktop versions of all, two other premium accounts all line up - and if I log into those on the phone of ipad - they too line up...

Call me a DUMB non-tech end-user - but I'd guess the database is the issue - since everything else everywhere else works...

After griping in here and on chat again a tech emailed me - but in the end - his solution was to move the folders form the sdxc onto the C drive - something we've done twice in the last 4 months...  Again - more BS...

OK, so I have multiple premium accounts.  I have too many devices - hence EN is loved.

Migrating from one laptop to another as my primary...  (Win7Pro to Win8.1something), and I'm talking the desktop NOT the metro.

I ran parallel for a few months - and through numerous issues, I've resolved all but one - EVERNOTE, and this includes both beloved microsoft and adobe.

So, I've 15+K notes, roughly 15 GB.  When I first loaded, it would sync most of the way (15,300, whereas there are 15,450 notes), and then CRASH.  Fatal Error - I fill out the 'what happened' box and put in my email.  I've done this, perhaps 100 times in 3 months and NEVER once heard back.

I've Chatted with support several times - often to the 'zap the database and reload' - all responses back in a day...  EVERY TIME I do this, it comes up short (never the same), then constantly crashes.

I'M TIRED OF TRUCKING TWO LAPTOPS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND WOULD LIKE TO USE JUST THE NEW ONE (it has some security and software that won't run on the previous, and thereby I have to take both everywhere).  So I chatted another support person up in hopes I would n't get the canned 'wipe your database and reload' response - and I was RIGHT...

8 days ago I wiped the database - and it crashed in the first 100 notes - so I reconnected with support chat and filed a ticket with the log...

Got the response - 8 days later - and guess what it was...

Here is where this gets frustrating...

1)  Took 8 days to receive this response to the ticket (I've followed up several times)...

Hi Brett,

I just saw your log come through and I'm not finding any errors that could be causing your sync/crash problem.

You mentioned you already re-installed the app but I'd like you to try a database rebuild. This will regenerate a new local database by copying your notes back down from the service. Considering the size of your database this could take a while but not hours as you experienced before.

----------

HA!  Another genius who thinks rebuilding the DATABASE will solve it...

I have successfully loaded and synced a different premium account, 10 times now, but as we all know - the PROBLEM MUST BE ON MY END...  Just because two other premium accounts work fine means nothing of the laptop being able to function...  Reload your database so I don't have to deal with you - that's what I hear.

So my question is - as a multi premium user - should I apologize or be upset at the fact it took 8, EIGHT days to send me the standard canned response of rebuild your database (again, for the sixth time in four months).

As Gaz said, welcome to the club.  I've encountered countless fatal errors over the past couple of years on Windows XP & Win7 with my main/big account.  And veeeery sloooow response time to the point where my desktop client became unusable.  So much so that I had to create a second account (my so called "duet" system). 

Suggestions were to rebuild my local database (can't tell you how many times I did that), remove my exb file from an encrypted container, new hard drive (b/c maybe my (fairly new) one was failing), upgrade from XP to Win7, etc, etc, etc.  Nothing worked.

Now, my "duet" workaround is not even working well b/c of issues with sharing notebooks, that I've already discussed on the board here.  I would have to say that it seems to me that in the past, the Windows desktop didn't complain until you were maybe in the 30,000+ note range.  I forget the general number, but I'm pretty sure it was more than 16,000 notes.  But it seems recent Windows clients are less tolerant.  Due to many recent Windows versions being buggy, I stopped upgrading & am still using 5.4.1.3962.  Another forum member was complaining about many fatal errors while using the most recent Windows client.  He said he reverted to 5.4.1 (from filehippo) and that seemed to reduce the fatal errors.  You may want to give that a try. 

Unfortunately, these issues have contributed to my migration away from Evernote.  :(

I'll say this - got a tech who cares today - and regardless of the outcome, I'm thankful.

When EN was young - support was stellar.  As it grew, so did the necessity for additional help.  I think (hope) I just fell between the cracks or happened on a less than desirable help person.

No idea where this is going - hopeful through, especially since I've a tech suggesting things.  Always open to trying - as long as data isn't at risk...

B.

Archived