Terrible Experience

Hi All -

I've been a long time user of Evernote on a personal level, and have recommended their product to many people and even businesses. However, my recent experience left me very bitter about them. I've thought of them to be a nice friendly company, who although aren't perfect, do want to please. But apparently.... I don't have much words. 

Here is what happened. 

I've been using evernote for personal use for many years. I do business consulting. I was working with a specific company, who needed much help with their customer file organization. While working with them to build a database, I had them use evernote temporarily. Not a solid or permanent solution at all, but with evernote's business accounts, we were able to make it work. 

Needless to say, a whole lot of very critical data and information was in there. Obviously we kept backing it up and saving copies, but at the speed that the business was preforming, at any given moment, there was critical information which we needed to rely on evernote for. 

Somehow, the account wasn't renewed. And, we tried renewing the account, but it said that if we want to get back all of our notes (critical notes!) we need to contact evernote directly. We have filled out a handful of tickets on their website with our email and phone numbers - all clearly saying how critical it was for them to get back for a time sensitive issue of our data. 

Some of them read - 

- My account was somehow closed. We have very very very important information in there. Also time sensitive. We have about 45 customers trying to....

- You closed my account, and our entire business is on it! Please help...

This was an extremely time sensitive matter. This was a glitch that costed literally thousands of dollars! True the company should have been backed up more appropriately, but that's why they hired me, and changes don't happen overnight. Evernote should have been able to handle this, and should have gotten back to us. 

We've tried endlessly and with continued failure to contact evenote on July 17th with ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE! Unbelievable. Shocking.

Then - out of no where - on August 26th - over a month later! we get the following message from evernote - 

-------------------------

Evernote Support (Evernote Support)

Aug 26 12:12

Thank you for contacting Evernote customer support. We are unable to personally answer your inquiry. I'm closing this request today and encourage you to find the answer to your inquiry via a search on the Evernote Support page or with our active user community in theEvernote forums.

If you are having issues with login, account access, or a purchase, please reply to this email and we will respond to you as soon as possible.

The Evernote Support team

-----------------

No explanation. No further options for help. No compassion. No resolutions.

Are they for real????

It says in the message that if there are further concerns, I should write back. At this point, the money is lost, and the damage is done. Nevertheless, I wrote back on August 26th - same day. So far nothing. No response. No communication.

I am truly shocked, and disgusted. 

In business, while trying to make money, we have the opportunity to be good people, and give to the people around us. Good business. Good people. That's my methodology. Not with them. No real people... definitely no good people. 

Again, all I can say is shocking.

Whoever would like can  contact me at abeconfidential123@gmail.com

Abe

Hi All -

I've been a long time user of Evernote on a personal level, and have recommended their product to many people and even businesses. However, my recent experience left me very bitter about them. I've thought of them to be a nice friendly company, who although aren't perfect, do want to please. But apparently.... I don't have much words. 

Here is what happened. 

I've been using evernote for personal use for many years. I do business consulting. I was working with a specific company, who needed much help with their customer file organization. While working with them to build a database, I had them use evernote temporarily. Not a solid or permanent solution at all, but with evernote's business accounts, we were able to make it work. 

Needless to say, a whole lot of very critical data and information was in there. Obviously we kept backing it up and saving copies, but at the speed that the business was preforming, at any given moment, there was critical information which we needed to rely on evernote for. 

Somehow, the account wasn't renewed. And, we tried renewing the account, but it said that if we want to get back all of our notes (critical notes!) we need to contact evernote directly. We have filled out a handful of tickets on their website with our email and phone numbers - all clearly saying how critical it was for them to get back for a time sensitive issue of our data. 

Some of them read - 

- My account was somehow closed. We have very very very important information in there. Also time sensitive. We have about 45 customers trying to....

- You closed my account, and our entire business is on it! Please help...

This was an extremely time sensitive matter. This was a glitch that costed literally thousands of dollars! True the company should have been backed up more appropriately, but that's why they hired me, and changes don't happen overnight. Evernote should have been able to handle this, and should have gotten back to us. 

We've tried endlessly and with continued failure to contact evenote on July 17th with ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE! Unbelievable. Shocking.

Then - out of no where - on August 26th - over a month later! we get the following message from evernote - 

-------------------------

Evernote Support (Evernote Support)

Aug 26 12:12

Thank you for contacting Evernote customer support. We are unable to personally answer your inquiry. I'm closing this request today and encourage you to find the answer to your inquiry via a search on the Evernote Support page or with our active user community in theEvernote forums.

If you are having issues with login, account access, or a purchase, please reply to this email and we will respond to you as soon as possible.

The Evernote Support team

-----------------

No explanation. No further options for help. No compassion. No resolutions.

Are they for real????

It says in the message that if there are further concerns, I should write back. At this point, the money is lost, and the damage is done. Nevertheless, I wrote back on August 26th - same day. So far nothing. No response. No communication.

I am truly shocked, and disgusted. 

In business, while trying to make money, we have the opportunity to be good people, and give to the people around us. Good business. Good people. That's my methodology. Not with them. No real people... definitely no good people. 

Again, all I can say is shocking.

Whoever would like can  contact me at abeconfidential123@gmail.com

Abe

I'm sorry to hear of your experience.  I've also been a long time user, nearly six years.  Yes, they used to be very helpful, friendly & eager to help resolve any problems a user (even the free ones) had.  There are some threads on the board discussing the changes Evernote (the company) has undergone in the last several months.  Not the specifics b/c as users, we don't know what's going on.  We only see the results & they are not pretty.  Evernote seems to be losing a lot of longtime, loyal customers. 

IIRC, if you have a business account, don't you have a phone number you can call?  Or chat?  (Although I'm not sure if that would be any more helpful.) 

Good luck.

That is a pretty terrible experience. While I can't justify Evernote's conduct in this matter, I can perhaps shed some light on why support responded as they have. 

Since your business account was, for some reason, not renewed, you'd become a "Free" customer. Free customers don't get support except for billing errors that contain certain keywords. A computer has clearly screened your Free ticket and decided it wasn't a billing issue (even though it kind of is), thus getting providing you with the response you received. 

Evernote staff do see these posts so someone should likely step in and hopefully get you sorted out.

Ideally you shouldn't have been dropped down to free in the first place, and even still, your support ticket really ought to have been addressed.... but the computer curator they use seems to be a bit cold-hearted..... this is a recent change in how they do customer support and I get the sense they are still refining some of the more complex details. 

Welcome to the club Abe!

BNF and Scott are much more subtle in their discussions than I will be.  Although their responses are accurate and sensitive to Evernote's growing pains, it is no consolation to someone who is trying to run a professional and ethical business.  Evernote has some great leaps to make in a very short period of time, simply because they degraded so quickly in a couple months.

My apologies--those messages were sent in error--there was an issue with our filters that caused this to be missed and we weren't able to catch your request. I've reopened your ticket and upped the priority to business level. You should be contacted soon and we'll have someone work with you to get you access to your account again ASAP. Though I completely understand that this is too delayed to be helpful with your original request, I do want to make sure that you regain access to retrieve your info from your Business account.

• 5 weeks later...

My experience is equally poor. I opened a ticket on 10/2 and have received 3 emails back in a 9 day period. 2 of these emails demonstrated that they didn't even read my initial request where I told them Evernote for iPad wasn't working at all. (They asked me to pull a log from the Evernote iPad file and send it to them and to export my notes.) Their last email told me they would escalate my case but there has been no further communication. I sent an email to the executives and got no response at all!!!!

I am also embarrassed because I had recommended subscribing to Evernote Business to my boss and now have egg on my face. Evernote had been doing a great job for us and now it is harming our business. We are rushing to migrate all of our business onto a different method to manage our customers and prospective customer efforts. Any suggestions out there?

Archived