what notebook?

When sending a webpage to Evernote I used I used to have an option to choose the notebook it was being saved to. This seems to have disappeared in the new version. It seems to always be using the same notebook.

Same question for the email a note option - how to control where the note ends up?

• With the new Android web clipper, tap on the green elephant before the clip completes - you should be able to select tags and a notebook from there.

When you email a new note to EN, follow the 'Pro Tip' found here (in the subject line, use the '@' prefix to specify an existing notebook and '#' prefix for existing tags)

• Level 5*

What is the new Android web clipper? An app? Where?

It's part of the latest Android client. You access the web clipper when you Share to Evernote from a web page, at least from Chrome -- I don't use other browsers on Android.

I'm using Chrome. When I choose Share I see "Add to Evernote" as the only EN option. After clicking that it just says "Saving full article" then I see a checkmark in a green circle. No options to choose notebook.

I'm using Chrome. When I choose Share I see "Add to Evernote" as the only EN option. After clicking that it just says "Saving full article" then I see a checkmark in a green circle. No options to choose notebook.

• Level 5*

What logandb said:

• With the new Android web clipper, tap on the green elephant before the clip completes - you should be able to select tags and a notebook from there.

When I try to use the "Share Via" option in the newest Android version, I don't see *any* options come up at all. It just creates a new note and saves it. Not only do I not get to choose the Notebook, I don't even get to add a title, text, or tags. It doesn't even show me a copy of the new note. Nada. Zip!

Now I just copy the URL, open Evernote, create a note and paste the link and go from there. Not sure how this is considered streamlining the process...

• Level 5*

When I try to use the "Share Via" option in the newest Android version, I don't see *any* options come up at all. It just creates a new note and saves it. Not only do I not get to choose the Notebook, I don't even get to add a title, text, or tags. It doesn't even show me a copy of the new note. Nada. Zip!

Now I just copy the URL, open Evernote, create a note and paste the link and go from there. Not sure how this is considered streamlining the process...

On my two android devices (phone and Nexus 7 tablet), using the Chrome browser, I don't see any "Share via..." prompt. I see a "Share..." prompt, and when I then select "Add to Evernote", I get the new web clipper as described above. However, if you're actually getting to the new web clipper, then something else is awry. Possible an Android version problem? 

This new web clipper definitely an improvement over Copy/Switch to Evernote/Load a note/paste. In fact, it's pretty slick, in my opinion. 

Works for me now. The trick is hitting the green circle while it seems to be saving. Then you get to choose a notebook. I'm using Android 4.4.2.

Yes, and despite Evernote's warning that the screen capture could take a few moments, I've found you have to be ready or the page will capture too quickly. 

I was referring to the standard Home button on my GS3 phone. When I tap it while reading any webpage, a pop-up menu appears that includes the "Share via" options. Until the latest EN Android updates, I could tap Share via and it would bring up another menu listing all the installed apps I could Share it to. When I selected Evernote, it gave me the option to designate which Notebook, the choice of adding my own title or not, ability to tag and add notes.

Since the uodate, I can still use Shar via and select Evernote, but it creates and saves a note directly to my default notebook without giving me any options whatsoever. I have to open Evernote, locate any notes created using the Share via option, and clean them up. Ergo, I now just tend to have EN open and when I want to "save" something - say this Forum thread, for example - I just copy the URL (or select and copy desired text) expand EN, create a note, paste the URL or text and customise the note as desired.

The end result is the same, but now I skip the android standard "Share via" option, which acts (or is?) like a web clipper. Does that make sense?

Sigh. I'm really not communicating this well. Still, how now I save things to Evernote works fine, but differently from how I did things before the latest update.

On my two android devices (phone and Nexus 7 tablet), using the Chrome browser, I don't see any "Share via..." prompt. I see a "Share..." prompt, and when I then select "Add to Evernote", I get the new web clipper as described above. However, if you're actually getting to the new web clipper, then something else is awry. Possible an Android version problem?

This new web clipper definitely an improvement over Copy/Switch to Evernote/Load a note/paste. In fact, it's pretty slick, in my opinion.

• Level 5*

So  on my phone, I'm using the Chrome browser.

I click the menu thingy, and select "Share..."

A "Share via" menu comes up, and I select "Add to Evernote" from the list of applications.

A circular button pops up at the bottom of the screen; it's green and contains the Evernote elephant head logo, and its outer border spins around. I tap on it, and I get the prompts for notebook, tags and whether to clip the full article or just the URL.

That's it. Works a treat. Not sure why you're not seeing that.

Archived