Not able to change my views in evernote - can only see on note in the list

RvdM

I have trouble optimizing my notes list view. I have  increased the size of the notes view at the expense of the size of viewing the list of notes. I currently can only see on note - which is horrible. I cannot reverse this and my view sizing seems to be locked.

pls help!

post-208471-0-93388800-1403707613_thumb.

I have trouble optimizing my notes list view. I have  increased the size of the notes view at the expense of the size of viewing the list of notes. I currently can only see on note - which is horrible. I cannot reverse this and my view sizing seems to be locked.

pls help!

Do you have any search filters in place?  Click the "vew all notes".

Based on the screenshot it looks like the user is using the Windows client. 

I think you should be able to resize the panes in the same way you did to get yourself in this pickle. The problem may be that the zone for getting the resize cursor is REALLY small because of how the panes are currently distributed. 

I am not using a windows machine so I cannot experiment firsthand, but I suspect with persistence and precision, you'll be able to find that sweetspot that allows you to increase the size of the note list again. 

Keep in mind that because of the squished circumstances, it may be the case that the cursor may not change shape to show the diverging arrows indicating it is the resize cursor, so there may be no visual indicator that you can resize the panes. 

• Level 5*

This is Windows.

If you can't resize it manually, then you can resize it via the registry:

* Completely shut down Evernote (e.g. File / Exit)

* Bring up the registry editor, and navigate to the Evernote area; it should be something like: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote.

* Scan down the list for a value named "List View Height". It will probably contain a fairly small number, probably less that 100 decimal (note that you can switch between decimal and hexadecimal).

* Change the number to something like 250 decimal.

* Restart Evernote

You should now have more notes shown in the list view, at the expense of having less space for the current note. If you want, you could see if the "vertical" list view works for you: use Ctrl+Shift+fF5 to toggle back and forth between standard list view and vertical list view.

I am using Windows indeed and 'view all notes" is not functioning in my view. Also the cursor does not change shape, but even without it does not get a grip. I'll try the registery thing! Cheers

• 2 months later...

I have this issue on Win 7 Pro using Evernote 5.53.4236 (272236) Public but I figured how to make it work. To create the issue, using the vertical double arrow by hovering over the bottom of the view I re-size the "List View" to be very small and only show one note or so.  When I try to make the view bigger by hovering over the bottom of the "List View" the double arrow will not reappear so I cannot re-size the view to bigger.  If I hover over the bottom far left corner of the list view, or the bottom very far right corner, and get to just the right spot, the double vertical arrow will appear and allow me to re-size the "List View".

Thank you, MTL. I was able to re-size list view by hovering over the bottom left corner. FYI to those trying this - nothing happened in the bottom right corner and the double vertical arrow only appeared occasionally in the bottom left corner. Frustrating but problem solved!

Archived