Feature Request: Ability to group notes by day or week, not just month

rupertp

Idea

Currently, you can group notes in Evernote by month. It would be really helpful to me to be able to also choose to group by day or week.

Use cases:

1. I study at uni (college for the US folks here), and everything goes into Evernote. Given topics tend to change week-by-week, and just about everything works on a weekly basis, being able to organise my notes to reflect that would really help. If I wanted to see my lectures from two weeks back, I could quite easily scroll down and see where one week ended and the other started.

2. I want to keep a journal in Evernote, consisting of multiple notes for each day. Grouping all these by day would help keep them together.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi

If you check out the various suggestions for curating notes by tags and titles you should be able to work out a system with existing resources that will fit your needs.  I have an standard title format that starts with "yyyymmdd" so I can pull out a whole year's worth of notes (intitle:2013*) or a month or day.  You could easily tweek that to include week numbers if necessary,  or add tags to your work to do the same.

Currently, you can group notes in Evernote by month. It would be really helpful to me to be able to also choose to group by day or week.

Use cases:

1. I study at uni (college for the US folks here), and everything goes into Evernote. Given topics tend to change week-by-week, and just about everything works on a weekly basis, being able to organise my notes to reflect that would really help. If I wanted to see my lectures from two weeks back, I could quite easily scroll down and see where one week ended and the other started.

2. I want to keep a journal in Evernote, consisting of multiple notes for each day. Grouping all these by day would help keep them together.

I also use YYYYMMDD date format in my note titles. In addition to Gaz's example for all notes in a year, if I want all notes from May of 2012, intitle:201205*

All notes for June 11, 2012 is intitle:20120611

I use four digit years b/c many of my notes pertain to dates prior to 1/1/2000.

For further granularity, here are more ideas...

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/31548-weeks-of-the-year/?p=170188

Archived