Moving from Evernote Web to Evernote for Mac

Andy-Burns

Idea

Hi all, Looking for some advice, I've searched but not been able to find the answer.

I currently run two Evernote Accounts, one for work, and one for my stuff.

My work account is installed on the work PC and I access it from home via evernote.com

My home account is obviously the opposite, It is installed on my Mac and I access it from work via evernote.com

My question is, seeing as I'm going to be working from home for the next few months, Is it possible to sync my work account down from the cloud onto my Mac.

I figure I probably wont be able to access both accounts at once (Work / My Stuff), but can I easily switch between the two, without having to have evernote.com running constantly.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I think that you're correct, gazumped; from the Knowledge Base: http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23186237.

I do something like this under Windows: I can easily switch to my work account when I am working at home.

For free users, you'd probably need to stick to the Web, or look into sharing one or more notebooks from your work account to your personal account; one of the shared notebooks can be read/write, and the others must be read-only.

• Level 5*

Hi all, Looking for some advice, I've searched but not been able to find the answer.

I currently run two Evernote Accounts, one for work, and one for my stuff.

My work account is installed on the work PC and I access it from home via evernote.com

My home account is obviously the opposite, It is installed on my Mac and I access it from work via evernote.com

My question is, seeing as I'm going to be working from home for the next few months, Is it possible to sync my work account down from the cloud onto my Mac.

I figure I probably wont be able to access both accounts at once (Work / My Stuff), but can I easily switch between the two, without having to have evernote.com running constantly.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

If you are a premium account holder, you can easily switch from one account to the other. There appears to be no limit to the number of premium accounts you can have logged in for one computer.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

One way to handle two free accounts is to have everything in one account stored within a single notebook and to share that notebook with modification privileges to the other free account (see the link above -- free users now get one shareable notebook). Then, you can login to just one account, but have access to both of them.

It might sound more difficult than it really is. I have 99% of my stuff in a single notebook. Tags can be quite handy for organization, but they are not necessary.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=367

Archived