New Evernote iOS

I welcome the New EN (7.3.0.307130) for iOS, however I would suggest that they have missed out on some nice features that should be prioritised above List and Reminder (Add one)

I would have thought Voice Note Addition / Recording would be a must?

I would have also thought that Reminders in the form of tapping to pull up all Reminders would have been a better addition to the custom home screen?

Other than that, well done on a very good improvement.

Having Camera and Photo side by side is not needed (in my opinion).  What could happen is that you have "Image" "Capture" or something better suited?  When you tap you get a circular blow out almost with Camera and Photo or Document...? EN2 attached. post-174047-0-27208200-1391185169_thumb.

I think the idea behind the Voice Recording is that you simply have the Mic icon and it starts recording from Shortcuts.  Instead you have to Text, Voice before you get it.  Is List a great shortcut?

I think there are two icons that could be used beside Sync and Find also?  Maybe push Market and Announcements there? EN1 attached..? post-174047-0-79056400-1391185167_thumb.

Just my thoughts.

> I would have thought Voice Note Addition / Recording would be a must?

> I would have also thought that Reminders in the form of tapping to pull up all Reminders would have been a better addition to the custom home screen?

Respectfully disagreeing.

I don't want either audio notes or reminders in my Evernote and would like an option to disable their appearance anywhere in my EN. Likewise locations.

> I think there are two icons that could be used beside Sync and Find also?  Maybe push Market and Announcements there?

:-) Again respectfully disagreeing. I use Sync and Find FAR more often than Market and Announcements. I *like* that they're at the top of the screen and easy to find.

Of all the dot icons at the top of the dashboard bar, the only one I will use is the New (text) note. I'd be happy to lose ALL the dot icons at the top of dashboard bar if a "New (text) note" icon was added next to the Sync and Find.

In the ten minutes or so I've used the new upgrade, I like it just fine. I've been able to find all the functions I use regularly, and I've changed my default theme and rearraged the sections slightly.

however I would suggest that they have missed out on some nice features that should be prioritised above List and Reminder

Yeah...I couldn't care less about voice notes/recording in the EN app. Most people have their one or two things they think are "basic" & should be added & often they vary from one person to the next. And there is really no way for someone outside of Evernote to make any assumptions as to how things should be prioritized.  We simply do not have the full picture of what's going on behind the scenes or under the hood. 

> I would have thought Voice Note Addition / Recording would be a must?

> I would have also thought that Reminders in the form of tapping to pull up all Reminders would have been a better addition to the custom home screen?

I don't want either audio notes or reminders in my Evernote and would like an option to disable their appearance anywhere in my EN. Likewise locations.

> I think there are two icons that could be used beside Sync and Find also?  Maybe push Market and Announcements there?

:-) Again respectfully disagreeing. I use Sync and Find FAR more often than Market and Announcements. I *like* that they're at the top of the screen and easy to find.

Of all the dot icons at the top of the dashboard bar, the only one I will use is the New (text) note. I'd be happy to lose ALL the dot icons at the top of dashboard bar if a "New (text) note" icon was added next to the Sync and Find.

In the ten minutes or so I've used the new upgrade, I like it just fine. I've been able to find all the functions I use regularly, and I've changed my default theme and rearraged the sections slightly.

I agree with Market and Announcements, gone if possible, but up top hidden would be better if they insist.

Agreed with your points, new layout is fine with me, just seeing what others think.

Speaking only for myself, I must say that replacing the photo button with an immediate-on audio capture note would be of great benefit. I have hearing loss, and even with hearing aids, often miss the beginning of presentations and an "instant-on" audio feature would be quite useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we can customize our homepages a bit: maybe some more buttons could be created where each user can choose their 5 standard buttons to be displayed on the homepage? Probably too much too ask, because there is no urgency in this. But I do use voice-recording A LOT and I too think that quick-button is missing out.

Another feature that would be a nice addition to me personally is the ability to give each of these buttons (actions) another standard notebook. I tend to put most reminders into one notebook, and almost all audio-notes into another. Neither of these are my standard notebook.

Archived