Asana Integration

joomux

Lately I've been using Asana a lot for starting a new business. What I love about Asana is it's ability to collaborate on files by attaching them to the task. Already Asana integrates with Google Drive and Dropbox. What would be absolutely awesome is if there was the option to attach notes from Evernote.

I know that if you paste a note link into Asana (either http:// or evernote:///) it will be clickable, but that just isn't as clean a solution as what it could be I think.

If anyone is looking for a little project to work on, this would be a life-saver for me and likely many others.

Thanks. But I wasn't so much looking for a way to create an Asana task from an Evernote note, but rather link multiple Evernote notes to a single Asana task so they can be used as reference information.

• Level 5*

Oh, I see. 

I get that you're looking for something easier/quicker than grabbing and pasting a Note Link into the Asana task; can you describe a little more specifically how you see something working that would meet that goal?  I'm guessing you have something in mind as to how it might work in terms of the user experience.

Several other task apps already have this integration if you're not stuck on Asana.  Nozbe comes to mind, but there are others.  I'm sure Asana will get to it.  We've had to research dozens of task apps for our project.  It's probably worth a blog post to list those with the best Evernote integrations.  

Along these lines, I think it'd be most useful to be able to paste a visual Evernote note, and even faster, a screenshot into Asana, or Trello, a close competitor. I'm trying both prior to starting a project with my overseas VA, and it appears neither app will allow this. Yes, I can attach a file, but that means making a file first.

I love Evernote for being able to screenshot and make a note on the fly. Is there any team working app that allows this collaboration with screenshots?

Along these lines, I think it'd be most useful to be able to paste a visual Evernote note, and even faster, a screenshot into Asana, or Trello, a close competitor. I'm trying both prior to starting a project with my overseas VA, and it appears neither app will allow this. Yes, I can attach a file, but that means making a file first.

I love Evernote for being able to screenshot and make a note on the fly. Is there any team working app that allows this collaboration with screenshots?

I've just done this for a new website and found that using Skitch with Evernote and then sharing the note with the dev team works really well.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi - bit late to this discussion, but just to let you know that I create a public link to individual Notebooks in Evernote and paste that link in the Description of each project in Asana. Pretty rudimentary and I know it is not exactly what you are after, but it ensures I have a repository for notes that matches to particular project/s.

• 3 months later...

I Know exactly what you are trying to do since this is part of my everyday routine. This is how i work around it.

- Once i am done doing my skitch annotations I then click on the share email button (Shift+Command M).

- i then click on the image displayed on the email window and drag it into my task in asana (make sure the upload icon appears on your browser where the task is displayed)

- This will ensure you can see a thumbnail of the skitch image on your task rather than a link.

- Asana uses evernote's cloud as your source for the image, it will remain in asana as long as it exists in evernote cloud..

i am attaching an image for your reference i hope this works for you....

post-201860-0-26283100-1400514300_thumb.

Archived